VIP Packages + (RED) Zone Auctions - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7cs

The Fly
Anybody who have bought a VIP Package?
Anybody who have ever bought a VIP Package on previous tours?
I'm planning to buy a pre-concert package for milan (239€). The pre-concert package includes GA ticket, pre-concert party, buffet, gadgets, coach transfer (where available), on site hosts, etc.

Do you think it includes the right to get into the "ellipse"?
I really need some good advices, thanks.

If you want to get into the ellipse, grab the GA ticket, forget about the rest and start queuing around 11am, maybe noon.

Never bought a VIP package but a GA ticket is a GA ticket. No difference there.

VIP packages are what ticket agencies use to jack up the price of tickets (at least in North America it is). I wouldn't spend the extra money on it.

So are these the same as the supposed "(RED) Zone-packages"?
They're being auctioned off for Gothenburg, is there any similar packages for the other locations as well?

12456s.gif

So are these the same as the supposed "(RED) Zone-packages"?
They're being auctioned off for Gothenburg, is there any similar packages for the other locations as well?

Geez, I can't believe U2 have stooped to this level, that's sad. Well, at least they haven't started selling Ellipse tickets to the highest bidders, yet.

Can you imagine all the rich assholes in those red zones, drinking wine and talking on their cell phones during the slow songs. You'd have to pay me to stand in those areas

I'd only pay 239 euros if it included a meet and greet as the rest of it is bollocks. At the pre-concert party you would probably get a glass of warm wine and a sausage roll although the gadgets could include a Blackberry (joking).

IMO not worth it :down:

I'd only pay 239 euros if it included a meet and greet as the rest of it is bollocks. At the pre-concert party you would probably get a glass of warm wine and a sausage roll

I'd pay 239 euros for a glass of warm wine before a show, that's totally worth it. I'd give my sausage roll to the homeless, though.

Ticketmaster Netherlands is also auctioning off the (RED) Zone packages to the highest bidders for the Amsterdam show. They say parts of the money goes to (RED).

Btw, I bought a "normal" package for Milan with a GA ticket and hotel. I don't need any parties or welcome drinks, I just want my ticket, and if the hotel is included, that's even better.

(RED) Zone?

Ticketmaster.nl: U2 Auction :

Ticketservice.nl U2 (RED) Auction

Auction on (RED) Zone Packages! U2 360 º TOUR.
Experience U2 360 º in style in the (RED) Zones.

Packages include:
- Special VIP entrance and greeting by (RED) Zone Hosts
- High profile General Admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runway
- Built-in seating for pre-show comfort
- Access to special concession and merchandise stand
- As a special bonus, the top 10 highest winning ticket bids for each show will also receive a pre-show backstage tour of this highly anticipated, revolutionary product design.

(RED) Zone Packages are only available by Auction on ticketservice.nl.
All non-ticket elements provided by Live Nation.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to support (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR BID

The auction begins March 12 at 12.00 and ends March 18 at 12.00.

To participate in the auction, you will need to create an auction account. Please note that you cannot use the same account that you have on ticketservice.nl

The auction starting bid is: € 95,-

Increasing the bid: You must raise your bid by at least € 5,-

You can see the minimum bid per ticket to the right of the description of the ticket groups.

Maximum number of tickets: 4 per bid per person.

Ticket Categories

(RED) Zone 1: General Admission to the left of the stage

(RED) Zone 2: General Admission to the right of the stage

Tickets to both zones have the same nominal value. The only difference is location - to the right or left of stage.

A bid cannot be withdrawn. All participants in the auction must give their credit card information, but we will only charge those customers that win the auctions. If you do not place a winning bid, you will not being charged.

The winner will be charged the price per ticket bid + 45 EUR (TBC) in handling fees.

During the auction, you can follow your status by logging in to your auction account. All auction bidders will also get an email at the close of the auction informing you whether you have won or lost. Tickets will be available for collection at the (RED) Zone VIP entrance at the venue on the day of the event from 6pm onwards. Winners of the special pre-show backstage tour will be informed separately by email by Live Nation before the event date.

Please read carefully the auction terms and auctions FAQ before placing a bid in the auction.

Click here to go to the auction

.....................................................................................................
Anyone heard about this?

:doh:

I will be homeless come August. Backstage, guaranteed good spot AND saving little children from dying? Does it get any better?

This will be my tickets for the Nice concert I take it.

I'd like to see how the prices go on these auctions, relative to the highest priced seats. I might do GA, but would rather not stand for 6 hours or whatever.

Me too...I'll bet they go way above anything I can afford:|

It will depend on the city. I've done the auction for Roger Waters, and the price was only a little above the highest price seats. In some smaller cities, the auction price may end up being surprisingly low.

So hang on - is this being done for EVERY show?

I am all for charity, but this arrangement sucks.

But why does it? it wont affect anyone who wants to get into the "enclosure", no one is being forced to bid for it, there is in fact still a standing area between the "red zone" and the outer "ramp", plus the normal enclosure in between the ramp and main stage,

i really dont see the problem.

Aren't these still outside of the "ellipse" area? I don't see the bid deal.

They'll have a little area roped off, probably not even on the rail, with little cushy chairs set apart from the crowd. In the US, it'll be tantamount to sitting on the player's bench area.

BIG. DEAL. Let them sip their wine from their fancy glasses...

I'll be on the rail drinking from Bono's Champagne bottle, like I did in Portland. :sexywink:

Last edited:
I shudder to think how much they may go for in Barcelona. I want to sit in the RedZone. Also, I don't see how anyone is up in arms about this - if the money is going to charity (and let's be realistic (RED) IS a very legitimate charity), let it happen!

If they were donating 100% of the money to (RED), I'd be all for it. For all anybody knows "a portion of the proceeds" could be $10/euros :shrug:

I thought this was a bit dodgy, but the bit that annoys me most is the "highest bidders get a backstage tour" bit. I know it doesnt mention a band meet but still, money will get you anywhere eh? :| Random bidders, fair enough but jeez.

Is this happening at all the shows? Expensive tickets are one thing, but having auctions for tickets is just lame. If you want to be that close you want to secure a ticket, not fret over it like an ebay auction.

Is this happening at all the shows? Expensive tickets are one thing, but having auctions for tickets is just lame. If you want to be that close you want to secure a ticket, not fret over it like an ebay auction.

This became popular in the last couple years. They had these same type of auctions for The Police, which guaranteed winning bidders seats in the first 3 rows or so.:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom