Ticket Success vs Failure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
I couldnt help but notice there were a number of people who managed to get numerous tickets for 3+ u2 shows in the general sale. It got me to thinking....is there a reason for this? Apart from a brief 10-15 mins today...all I got, was the "tickets not available" message on Ticketbastrd and LiveNation sites. So...why are some ppl so fruitful and others (like me) fresh out of luck?

Maybe it has to do with internet traffic? I was online in the US at 430am waiting for tickets to go on sale at 5am my time. At about 457am i refreshed and noticed that Wembley tix were available and my transaction was completed with confirmation email by 5:01am! :hyper:

gman, don't give up. Where do you want to go? Glasgow?
Keep trying seetickets, they have seats at the moment...

You will prevail. :ohmy:

They may have had different people on different computers trying to get them at the same time and all got lucky. That is a good strategy

^ Yeah I had 3 computers at work all with 4 windows open and card details copied into notepad. I had 3 links of Ticketline, Ticketmaster and Seetickets as my bookmarks. Tickmaster and Ticketline were all logged into my user profile too...

The things we do...:sad:

I only have one computer at home. When Milan started I went into the ordering process about 2 minutes after the official start and I got ticket number 630 or something and got thrown out of the queue an hour later without having GA tickets, the system told me they were "sold out". Later I managed to get seats, but I wonder how other people are able to go through that process. I mean is everyone online the second the sale starts? I think some websites are just crappier than others and cannot handle the traffic.

I basically think you have to be online when the sale starts. After the first 10 minutes you start running into troubles.

In all of the general sales I have taken part in, you could always get tickets within the first 15 minutes - though maybe not the most desirable ones.

Definately has to do with the internet traffic. For the Amsterdam general sale I could NOT get trough the first hour, no moment at all, while Gump accessed the ticket page every time he tried! He tried it from Switzerland so yeah, probably he got easier access not being in Holland.

I was trying my luck from half past 8 am and still going now. Am planning getting seated tix from ticketline.co.uk. Its behind the stage...but quite close....and if its raining....or a burning hot summers day....we will be sheltered!
£93.50 a ticket tho:down:

Trying from the US, I can still pull up single seats for every show listed except for Dublin 1. No delay no error messages

I ended up getting seated tickets to the right corner of the rear of the stage. Should be fairly good view. Will be sheltered from elements too, and wont have ppl standing in our way and on our toes etc etc. So...we are all pretty excited!

I ended up getting seated tickets to the right corner of the rear of the stage. Should be fairly good view. Will be sheltered from elements too, and wont have ppl standing in our way and on our toes etc etc. So...we are all pretty excited!

Thank goodness. Congrats!

Hurray! :applaud:If at first you dont succeed try try again! Glad you didnt give up!! We have seated tickets for Glasgow, to the left corner at the rear of the stage (if you are facing the stage from the standing area). I figured that at least we dont have to get there at 11am (friend is working night shift on the Mon night so he can sleep!) like we would with standing, and it'll be cool seeing it from another angle. . . . Wooooooooo! I am SO excited, this is the first time i will have seen them (well Glasgow will be my 2nd as i am going to Dublin 2 as well!!).

xx

You know, for me, the big mystery about ticket availability when U2 starts touring is always this: So many people profess their undying hatred for the band: 'they're losers', 'all their music sounds the same', 'Bono is a pretenious ass', etc., etc. So why, when tix go on sale, do the people who really want to see the band have such a hard time doing so? I mean, I know there are plenty of snakes who purchase with the sole intent of reselling to desparate fans for ridiculously inflated amounts, but still - that can't be the only answer... can it??? :hmm:

It's always easier to get tickets to shows that are further away.

In Boston -- I got great Vegas seats. Had good luck with London tickets early today.

But being in NYC -- when I got for Giants Stadium good chance I'll have a harder time getting seats than the person in Arizona.

It's Internet traffic. So if you have a friend 3000 miles away, ask them to buy you tickets too...

You know, for me, the big mystery about ticket availability when U2 starts touring is always this: So many people profess their undying hatred for the band: 'they're losers', 'all their music sounds the same', 'Bono is a pretenious ass', etc., etc. So why, when tix go on sale, do the people who really want to see the band have such a hard time doing so? I mean, I know there are plenty of snakes who purchase with the sole intent of reselling to desparate fans for ridiculously inflated amounts, but still - that can't be the only answer... can it??? :hmm:

I've always wondered this too. About 95% of my school would only go to a U2 show ironically :wink: seriously though, there must be more diehards than we realize. I feel like casual fans wouldn't care enough to get online at the exact moment the tickets go on sale, but maybe they know how hard tickets are to get.

So this is just for the general sale right? What's the success rate with presale? Is everyone getting what they want?

seriously though, there must be more diehards than we realize. I feel like casual fans wouldn't care enough to get online at the exact moment the tickets go on sale, but maybe they know how hard tickets are to get.

I think that casual certainly care enough to get online at the exact moment the tickets go on sale. Everyone knows how hard tickets are to get, especially for a huge band like U2. So everyone's trying at the same time.

So this is just for the general sale right? What's the success rate with presale? Is everyone getting what they want?

Yes, as far as I know, everyone got in the presale what they wanted. No problems there.

I think that casual certainly care enough to get online at the exact moment the tickets go on sale. Everyone knows how hard tickets are to get, especially for a huge band like U2. So everyone's trying at the same time.

Yes, as far as I know, everyone got in the presale what they wanted. No problems there.

Well, everyone used their code by now for one show of choice and tried at the general sale lottery. I can only do wembley due to family schedule. If (big IF) there is a second one I wonder how to get in...

That's what I heard too.

Back
Top Bottom