The CLaw(s) May Live on!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
Yes.... The CLaw :heart: Lovers everywhere
may yet rejoice .... :yippie:

....no, I don't have time to grab the actual article :wink:

but i read in the New RS last night (the one that's talking about the tour , new songs, the "missed" album etc)

But McG is in negotiations for The Claws to
became permanent special event holding sites
somewheres in the world! :hyper:

even though they'll probably end up no where near me......

...I just love the thought they won't go to
the Scrap heap and instead..........
will be splashing beautiful colored lights around, and beaming spotlights into the sky for decades to come!

i really hope it'll work out! :lol::heart: :applaud:

Yes.... The CLaw :heart: Lovers everywhere
may yet rejoice .... :yippie:

....no, I don't have time to grab the actual article :wink:

but i read in the New RS last night (the one that's talking about the tour , new songs, the "missed" album etc)

But McG is in negotiations for The Claws to
became permanent special event holding sites
somewheres in the world! :hyper:

even though they'll probably end up no where near me......

...I just love the thought they won't go to
the Scrap heap and instead..........
will be splashing beautiful colored lights around, and beaming spotlights into the sky for decades to come!

i really hope it'll work out! :lol::heart: :applaud:

wsn't that said from the begining of the tour?

What possible practical use could they have as a public installation?

This was rumoured 2 years ago and I asked the same question. Plus shipping them to corners of the globe will be another decent sized bill someone has to pick up.

Lastly, they'd have to be modified to make sure drunk idiots/showoffs wouldn't climb them on a bar bet.

What possible practical use could they have as a public installation?

This was rumoured 2 years ago and I asked the same question. Plus shipping them to corners of the globe will be another decent sized bill someone has to pick up.

Lastly, they'd have to be modified to make sure drunk idiots/showoffs wouldn't climb them on a bar bet.

One can be put at the top of One Tree Hill.
One can straddle the Temple Bar and have a 100ft tall statue of Bono at the top.
One can be put in a park in Nairobi, Kenya for no reason.

All paid for by quantitative easing by the Bank of U2.

What I don't get is how they will be maintained. If one was left up with the skin and everything on it, wouldn't it eventually start to wear out and fall apart? Would they leave the sound system hanging on it? Who's going to pay the electricity bill? Taking care of a Claw in its present form would be a huge responsibility. They don't make good pets! :wink:

So, are they possibly for sale?

If anyone wants to pool some money together... :up:

:wink:

I think my house would actually fit under it; just set it up in my yard. It would make a great trellis for an epic morning glory vine.

What I don't get is how they will be maintained. If one was left up with the skin and everything on it, wouldn't it eventually start to wear out and fall apart? Would they leave the sound system hanging on it? Who's going to pay the electricity bill? Taking care of a Claw in its present form would be a huge responsibility. They don't make good pets! :wink:

I think my house would actually fit under it; just set it up in my yard. It would make a great trellis for an epic morning glory vine.

:lol: no one said it would be easy!!!

A really big -- :hmm: masyyyyyyyyybe bigger than the one in Montreal (< 67 World's fair) -- geodesic Dome to house The Claw(s) !!!:hyper:

i didn't know that it was postulated at the beginning of the tour.

One interesting idea I thought of yesterday was would be to put in underwater. Hear me out.

It's frequenly done with ships that are too old and they are carefully placed underwater and made into a destination for divers to explore. They make hole in the ship walls and floors so everything can be easily visited when submerged. Even better if it's in an area where coral and sea life would grow on it.

Getting in to a destination intact would be a complete pain.

One interesting idea I thought of yesterday was would be to put in underwater. Hear me out.

It's frequenly done with ships that are too old and they are carefully placed underwater and made into a destination for divers to explore. They make hole in the ship walls and floors so everything can be easily visited when submerged. Even better if it's in an area where coral and sea life would grow on it.

Getting in to a destination intact would be a complete pain.

That's a cool idea. I've watched a couple of Discovery Channel shows about ships sunk and turned into reefs. That's an idea worth forwarding to Principle Mgmt.

That's a cool idea. I've watched a couple of Discovery Channel shows about ships sunk and turned into reefs. That's an idea worth forwarding to Principle Mgmt.

Makes me wonder if U2 fans would make the pilgrimage to go scuba diving. makes more sense to me than finding the dead joshua tree, the spray paint wall outside their studio in Dublin.

Back
Top Bottom