More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The idea of U2 just being 'old' doesn't bother me at all. I'd love them to be comfortable with being smaller, and the freedom that would bring. The above, to me, isn't really 'dinosaur'. If they were to do that - give up the mega-stadium tours for smaller flashes of touring in smaller venues with wild setlists - then there'd probably also be reflection of that attitude in their recording as well. That's them still evolving, moving forward, or onwards or whatever. 'Dinosaur' to me would be if they just, from here, went away for a few years before releasing an underwhelming and overworked album that really adds nothing to anything save for proving that after 35 years they've managed to become pretty tight songwriters, and then backed it with a huge, greatest hits heavy stadium tour. That's them already extinct, in many ways.

guess we'll end up having a 2nd thread now

Give us a straw and we will grasp it!

In all seriousness what does U2, Principle, U2.Com, whoever? stand to gain by not putting on the official website. "M O N C T O N I S T H E E N D". Its a rock band not part of the official secrets act FFS

Yeah, seriously. If they are actually working on more dates, then say "we're seeing if it's possible to schedule a few more shows, but we can't discuss details yet." Or say "Nope, Moncton is the end."

Come on, now.

Quiet, you. :grumpy:

:wink:

What's the shortest span of time we've seen between announcement of shows and the actual show date? At what point does it become "too late" to make announcement of additional shows in August or September?

I don't think they will, but their refusal to give a concrete answer are making me a little antsy.

And if you have an opportunity to speak with any other band member you say, "Hey, we heard Bono confirmed an indoor tour where you're planning to play B-sides and rarities. Bono has such great ideas!!!"

Make sure you get a picture of Larry's face after you say it.

LMAO, poor Larry :lol:

So Willie sounds really sure of himself with respect to Moncton being the last 360 show.

April 13th entry:

Had our fearless leader not had his encounter with surprise back surgery, this would have been the final show of the 360 tour. As it is, we now go until the end of July where U2360 will take the final curtain call at Moncton in north-eastern Canada.

Last edited:
Willie is my new favorite person.

Until his inevitable next diary entry that says ".... maybe the last show."

Holland, UK and Ireland only got one round. They're the biggest markets for U2 shows I'd say.

Yep - they could announce limited shows in those markets (e.g. 2 x Holland, 1 x big UK stadium, 2 x Ireland) to take place say in early September and count on them selling out very quickly. They could even wait until Glastonbury to spill the beans :sexywink:

I wish...

paulrg said:
Yep - they could announce limited shows in those markets (e.g. 2 x Holland, 1 x big UK stadium, 2 x Ireland) to take place say in early September and count on them selling out very quickly. They could even wait until Glastonbury to spill the beans :sexywink:

I wish...

That would be so cool!!

A member of Italian forum U2place sent an e-mail to Live Nation's Boss, and he confirmed that Moncton is the last gig of 360 tour :sad:

Babyface82 said:
A member of Italian forum U2place sent an e-mail to Live Nation's Boss, and he confirmed that Moncton is the last gig of 360 tour :sad:

At least we know.... Sad

Back
Top Bottom