More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The article posted in the "biggest tour ever" thread sure seems to solidify the notion that Moncton will be the end. The Live Nation boss is directly quoted:
"It's great to break the record, but after that there are still 26 shows left,"

He would know!

I was going to answer your question , but ^ that said it all.

I wouldn't like to see 360 end quite yet because there is still some potential left in it, but who knows maybe it's a good thing. If they end it after Moncton, they can get back in the studio, record their sci fi album and maybe another one, then tour in two-three years from now instead of the typical 4 year wait and on their next tour play arenas, theatres, and stadiums in select markets.

It'd seem silly to do Europe again, what material do they have to keep pressing on with?

But the band has been experimenting with new songs and Bono still sounds strong, so if they kept going, it wouldn't be a bad thing...

I was going to answer your question , but ^ that said it all.

Please try to make sense. The big deal about Moncton is that it is indeed the last show of the leg and (evidently now) the whole tour. Why would anybody there be pissed that this is, in fact, true? People elsewhere may be pissed that they aren't getting a gig, but the last people to be annoyed that the tour's ending in their neck of the woods would be those from Moncton.

Yeah U2 fans complain about everything bla bla bla, but your post still is nonsensical.

It'd seem silly to do Europe again, what material do they have to keep pressing on with?

But the band has been experimenting with new songs and Bono still sounds strong, so if they kept going, it wouldn't be a bad thing...

Personally I'd love to see Even Better and Zooropa (and a couple of other AB and Zooropa songs :) ) with this stage!

Please try to make sense. The big deal about Moncton is that it is indeed the last show of the leg and (evidently now) the whole tour. Why would anybody there be pissed that this is, in fact, true? People elsewhere may be pissed that they aren't getting a gig, but the last people to be annoyed that the tour's ending in their neck of the woods would be those from Moncton.

Yeah U2 fans complain about everything bla bla bla, but your post still is nonsensical.

I just made a mistake counting the shows left , that where stated in the article
(making me think there was a show after Moncton) , and it was to late to edit my post.
There's your answer, my bad etc.

I never said U2 fans complain about everything "bla bla bla", although they do.
Like this forum is full of posts that make sense, oh wait of course it is!

Anyway Axver, sorry to confuse you and anyone else ,
it wasn't meant to come over like that, and I would have deleted my post if I could.:shrug:
Hope that makes more sense to you:kiss:

Well the same can be said about the coming US leg ofcourse.

U2 just need to do another europe leg especially seeing how the setlist has changed, a lot of new songs which europe has never heard plus the whole setlist is just a lot tighter, the visuals are a lot better and the band seem to be getting into the groove more and more.

It actually reminds me a bit of the POPmart tour, although 360 got off to a much better start the band just keeps improving, so when the tour ends it will be at it's best. They could easily collect a lot of money for doing a small europe leg again.

It really can't be said about the coming US leg, because those are (mostly) simply rescheduled dates from last year.

They're "pressing on" to the US to make up for last year's postponements.

schnumi said:
Well the same can be said about the coming US leg ofcourse.

No...

corianderstem said:
It really can't be said about the coming US leg, because those are (mostly) simply rescheduled dates from last year.

They're "pressing on" to the US to make up for last year's postponements.

Exactly. North America had only one leg, Europe has had two.

Do you US folks have something against Europe?

i do when europe folks think they should get a 3rd leg

it's almost as bad as boston folks who think they are entitled and should have received a tour date on the second US leg

this 54 page/800 comment thread is based on what someone in the crew said to someone involved with another website last year

if something did change and they decided to go back to europe, great. but there have been at least two quoted comments stating the tour is ending in moncton, one of them being from someone ACTUALLY IN THE BAND, but that didn't stop people from dissecting what he said.

this.thread.won't.die

NewKillerStar said:
Do you US folks have something against Europe?

Actually I'm personally of the opinion that Europe is far cooler than the US :shrug:

Odessa said:
Uk and Ireland only had one leg

Are they not part of Europe essentially? It's a very easy trip to another European country. Same as with countries actually on the continent who didn't actualy have a show. It's similar to us having to travel another state for a show. And not every state got a show.

Sure everyone would like to have a show in their home state/country, but their are hundreds of countries and 50 states and it's not really possible I guess.

DRay9911 said:
i do when europe folks think they should get a 3rd leg

it's almost as bad as boston folks who think they are entitled and should have received a tour date on the second US leg

this 54 page/800 comment thread is based on what someone in the crew said to someone involved with another website last year

if something did change and they decided to go back to europe, great. but there have been at least two quoted comments stating the tour is ending in moncton, one of them being from someone ACTUALLY IN THE BAND, but that didn't stop people from dissecting what he said.

this.thread.won't.die

:yes: The point is the tour has to end sometime...why not have it end evenly. Not like they'll never come back to Europe or Boston or wherever.

They still have not definitively confirmed that Moncton is the end of 360.

I live in hope!

I'd even rather the 360 tour continue than get a new album - and I was really excited about a new album. My reasoning for wanting it to continue is:
1) The hope that they would continue debuting new songs e.g. whilst not all have been great I've loved Every Breaking Wave, Boy Falls From The Sky and Mercy - all very different songs.
2) They are playing better and better, improving the show, and continue to get more comfortable with the stage setup. It feels premature to stop in July. I know people talk about the show being on for 2 years now but really it hasn't - there have been some huge breaks in between.
3) The back catalogue is getting dusted off and getting a look-in on the latest setlists. I'd love to hear Zooropa in Europe, and also see the return of Electric Co, Bullet the Blue Sky, New York, Miami, Last Night On Earth, If You Wear That Velvet Dress and of course to hear Bad again :drool:

I really sincerely hope they don't dismantle the 360 stage forever at the end of July - it is too good.:sad:

They still have not definitively confirmed that Moncton is the end of 360.

I live in hope!

You're the only one around here maybe :ohmy:

They are playing better and better, improving the show, and continue to get more comfortable with the stage setup. It feels premature to stop in July. I know people talk about the show being on for 2 years now but really it hasn't - there have been some huge breaks in between.

Agree!

I'd love to hear Zooropa in Europe, and also see the return of Electric Co, Bullet the Blue Sky, New York, Miami, Last Night On Earth, If You Wear That Velvet Dress and of course to hear Bad again :drool:
Hell I'd love to hear Zooropa too! And UF again, and Ultraviolet, and Whose Gonna...

(I think they just should do an AB 20th Anniversary Tour and add some non AB songs to the setlist :))

I really sincerely hope they don't dismantle the 360 stage forever at the end of July - it is too good.:sad:

Agree!

Back
Top Bottom