Horizon members of the world unite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ravin30000

The Fly
I just got the e-mail and it confirms I'm a Horizon member. Boy am I glad I kept renewing! I can't tell you how many times I was like, "Gosh, should I really pay another $40 for a CD of the DVD I already have..." This is a just reward. Mcguiness, you da man! :up:

makes me wish i would have kept renewing. i'm really not happy with this system, considering I've been a member of U2.com and Propaganda since 1995, and happened to have 2 years where i didn't pay a subscription.

what are you guys talking about? please tell me that i'm not screwed in some way cuz i let my membership lapse?

i was a prop member for years and when it did me NO f!@#ing good on Vertigo, i kept up my subcription til the end of the tour and then let my membership lapse afterwords. i figured they made it clear that they didn't care if u were a prop member, and it would never matter again in this age of dot com fan clubs. :shrug: so after the crap tickets i got from u2.com on vertigo i let it lapse.

so what are you talking about. sorry i haven't seen it posted somewhere else. whats a horizon member?

As an ongoing long-term subscriber to U2.com you're part of our 'Horizon Group' of subscribers and we're pleased to offer you the chance to take part in the opening day of the presales for 'U2360°'.

This e-mail, sent to you as a paid-up 'Horizon Subscriber' of U2.com, contains your personal and unique PRESALE ACCESS CODE DETAILS which will enable you to access the presale for U2 concert tickets before they go on sale to the general public. Your presale access code contains 13 UPPERCASE alphanumeric characters

The presale is set up in 3 stages.

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket presales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the presale. 'Horizon Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the presale, 'Breathe Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the presale and 'Boots Subscribers' have access from mid afternoon on Day 2 of the presale. The presale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3. The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the presale. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com.

So there was a benefit to subscribing year after year without any new albums or tours, I am impressed.

Actually there was a benefit I think if simply subscribed last year....

Also the email is confusing. They say you are in the Horizon Group or Breathe Group and then tell everyone that they are a Horizon Subscriber. Bad wording if you ask me....

Also, I've heard of people who let their subscription lapse and have only recently resubscribed and have been put in the Horizon Group. Alas, that is not the case with me...

Posted by Bajagirl at U2.com:

"Questions? Yes, I know you have many, and as soon as I am given the OK, ill post the explanations. But I can tell you that the access to the pre-sale will be based on seniority with U2.com. Seniority IS NOT, REPEAT NOT based on your member number. WHY? Because there are a LOT of users that have a low #, (which is just the # on your account and when you signed up for U2.com) but let their accounts expire, so they go to the back of the line.

IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.com you will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get first crack, which means best choice (SEE ABOVE).

I will be collating the questions I see in the forum and answering them IN THIS POST. So please check back often.

If you have not gotten the email, DON'T WORRY (I haven't either, LOL) we send them out in batches or we would crash the system. Also, the codes are being loaded into the system, so please give us a day to get it done. It WILL be there. Links to the tour pre-sales will be emailed AND posted on the site, so you are covered. UPDATE : I have just been informed that emails will START to be sent in the next few minutes, please give it a day. CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER!!!!!!"

So there was a benefit to subscribing year after year without any new albums or tours, I am impressed.

I actually doubt that's true.

I bet you anything they simply used a much more recent cutoff date, like a year or two ago.

cant quite figure out the horizon thing, I was a since 1988 prop person, and then like everyone else converted to u2.com in 2004 I guess it was....Then I stopped subscribing for a couple years but got back on the train last year and Im in the first group. Maybe there tracking how long that email has been on file, vs paying or not because I skipped a few years of paying when the site was awful and useless (sending me audio cds of DVDs, bro I can do that at home with AoA)..That being said Ill take it, and its probably correct way to do it...

Now if they just played a show anywhere within 500 miles of me it would be nice

Yesterday, I think.

No, I meant for the Horizon people.

I think it's an arbitrary date they pulled out of their ass.

I honestly don't care one way or another. I know I'm gonna get the tix I want since I'm going to 2 shows with a Horizon member plus I'm willing to bet good $ that I'll get GAs through my own Breathe account as well.

I long ago calculated that the $ saved in not paying for a membership for 3 years would roughly allow me to guarantee scalped GA tix without any hassle, so no loss there!

What they're doing makes sense and at least it's not as hard core as the 10 club (I wish it was). PJ actually bases where your seats are within the presale based on how long you've been a Ten Club member. It was only this year that they at least had a lottery for some of the better seats in two rows. If you let your 10C membership expire, when you try to renew you don't get your great number back.

Yay, I'm in the "horizon group".....but now what about Seattle....

Maybe I'm driving to Vancouver?:hmm:

i haven't received an email, but on the tour page, my code begins U2A. Does that mean I'm a Horizon memeber?

for you that are "Horizon", did any of you sign up on Friday? that's when i paid my fee.

What they're doing makes sense and at least it's not as hard core as the 10 club (I wish it was). PJ actually bases where your seats are within the presale based on how long you've been a Ten Club member. It was only this year that they at least had a lottery for some of the better seats in two rows. If you let your 10C membership expire, when you try to renew you don't get your great number back.

not completely true... if you lag on your payment for a month or so and you shake down the right person at 10c you can get your old number back.

this is the best way to go... it keeps the scalpers out and sets up a level of seniority... if you lag on your payment you should lose your spot... period.

i got in on horizon... if next year i don't reup, let it lag a year, and then reup again, i should go to the end of the line.

people will be annoyed because this is a new system and if they knew this would be the system they wouldn't have lagged in the first place... but that said, you're gonna piss someone off with whatever system they use... might as well use the system that, yes, will piss people off, but also in turn will make most people happy and more importantly keep the scalpers away from the first day (for the most part... i'm sure many will still slip through).

Poor Baja::sick:

"Folks

There seems to be a misprint on the email some of you were sent

Some of the emails say you are in one seniority category (eg Breathe) and then it says you are in an other (e.g Horizon) further into the email

I have made Admin aware of the situation, and a correction is forthcoming, with a breakdown of the seniority categories.

Please check the FEATURED TOPIC about presales for that breakdown

Thanks

Baja "

Back
Top Bottom