"Hang out" with U2 in Los Angeles 3/9/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am still thinking about it.
What about you guys?

I can't make it. I have my radio show from 4-6 and then I have a meeting with my professor. :( I think it will be too late by then. I wouldn't be down there till 8 or so. ughh i hate responsibilities.

Hey actually on Monday for my radio show I am going to have a U2 marathon. what would be great is if we can get a group of interferencers to call in and just talk about what is going on down @ Capitol Records. So is anyone that will be down there 2morrow willing to exchange phone numbers with me? you can be the the ground zero correspondent! All you would have to do is call in. It would be a lot of fun. Any takers?

My show, btw, is on Kbeach Global Radio broadcasting live from the campus of Cal State Long Beach.

This is the round building at 1750 Vine Street, off the freeway right? For those going, is 4:00 a good time to get there? It will take me about 2hours to get there....I'm still not sure about going, but it is tempting! :hmm:

ok well since no one wants to be my on the ground correspondent I guess I am going to have to be there, too :( Hahaha. I have to be there. screw responsibility it's U2 season!!! So 4pm it is? I can't get away that early so I'll prolly show up @ about 5. Does anyone want to exchange numbers with me just so I can keep track of what is going on down there?

ok well since no one wants to be my on the ground correspondent I guess I am going to have to be there, too :( Hahaha. I have to be there. screw responsibility it's U2 season!!! So 4pm it is? I can't get away that early so I'll prolly show up @ about 5. Does anyone want to exchange numbers with me just so I can keep track of what is going on down there?

Sure, you can PM me your number and I'll give you mine. I'm going to be there most of the day so...

AHHHHHH sorry Carlos! I wiped it out. I haven't checked that thing for like 2 yrs. but yeah I sent both of yous my # :D

You guys are making me feel like less of a fool for dealing with rush hour traffic from Santa Monica with no guarantee of seeing/ hearing anything!
It's a musical journey.... lol
AHHHHHH sorry Carlos! I wiped it out. I haven't checked that thing for like 2 yrs. but yeah I sent both of yous my # :D

sent.

I'm taking my white booklet from the Deluxe edition of NLOTH...hopefully I can get it signed.

Dammit! I'd like to go if you all are going, just that life & responsibilities get in the way :(

SeeTheBird - I can't believe you are driving down from Bakersfield!

Congrats discothequeLP!! Fill us in before you go!

Dammit! I'd like to go if you all are going, just that life & responsibilities get in the way :(

SeeTheBird - I can't believe you are driving down from Bakersfield!

Congrats discothequeLP!! Fill us in before you go!

thanks! i definitely will! i should be getting a call in the morning, so if anyone wants an update, i can send out a text with info. just PM or email me: jescano@uci.edu .

There's a difference there, as they will be out in public. I would never go to anyone's house. That crosses the line. But if they are in a public area, such as this, fans will always show up. :shrug:

I've never been to capitol records. Is there one main entrance where they will arrive at, or are the multiple possibilities? We have to drive quite a distance and I don't want to be the lone dummy waiting by the wrong door.

I've never been to capitol records. Is there one main entrance where they will arrive at, or are the multiple possibilities? We have to drive quite a distance and I don't want to be the lone dummy waiting by the wrong door.

Well, if you are at the wrong door, you won't be alone. Sounds like there will be some other fans there too :hug:

Well, if you are at the wrong door, you won't be alone. Sounds like there will be some other fans there too :hug:

And will you be one of them? :p Or still undecided?

I was leaning towards going but wasn't sure until I asked Sarah, my youngest, I told her we were verly likely going to drive all that way to just stand outside a building. I said, would you still want to go? Her eyes got huge and she said, "Yes!"

Can't argue with that. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom