Gothenburg, Milan, Amsterdam - Pre-sale experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Nick!! :wave:
Thanks so much!! (again!!) I will follow the steps you sent and hopefully get my Ams tks!! :applaud:

I just logged in to u2.com and noticed that the "Breathe presale" link is now available! (I believe it's not 10am in Ams yet though). I'll give it a try and see what happens.

I'll get back with more news soon...

Mmm, it didn't work.

Entered my code and when clicked on Next got this message:

"Dear Customer!
We are sorry, an error has occurred. Therefore we cannot complete your transaction. Please log in to My Eventim on Livenation.nl to check if your order was successful. Click here to return to Livenation.nl."

I hope it's because it's not 10am in Amsterdam yet....

:ohmy:

Nick, according to your instructions I don't need to create a "My tickets" account prior to buying tickets, is that right? I can buy and enter my data while I'm buying? :huh:

Nick, according to your instructions I don't need to create a "My tickets" account prior to buying tickets, is that right? I can buy and enter my data while I'm buying? :huh:

Correcto.

As long as you enter your info immediately (I think they give you 10 minutes), they will hold your ticket order for you... though, that might not be the case during the general onsale when LN is getting bombarded.

Great!! I'll have all my data ready here for copy-paste :wink:

Thank you!!!! :up:

Now, I'll keep staring at the clock waiting for the moment....

:D

Oops, one more question :doh:

I have a "Mastercard" credit card but you mentioned that they will only take Visa and "Euro Mastercard" :ohmy:

Is that a different type of card?

Great!! I'll have all my data ready here for copy-paste :wink:

Thank you!!!! :up:

Now, I'll keep staring at the clock waiting for the moment....

:D

GOOD LUCK FERNANDOOOOOOOOO!!!

My other friend Fernando is in Frankfurt right now with a Breathe presale code getting ready to buy 4 A'dam GAs, too, so I hope we all get lucky tonight...

Do you have a hotel already reserved?

We're staying here for three nights (July 19-21):

Mercure Hotel Amsterdam Aan de Amstel: Hotel reservation with Mercure in AMSTERDAM

It's $110 per night and near the ArenA

Oops, one more question :doh:

I have a "Mastercard" credit card but you mentioned that they will only take Visa and "Euro Mastercard" :ohmy:

Is that a different type of card?

The two cc choices are Euro/Master and Visa.

Euro/Master refers to the EuroCard and MasterCard, according to this link, so you should be OK using your MasterCard:

What is a Euro/mastercard? - Yahoo! Answers

The other way of paying is with something called iDeal, which apparently works through your bank, I don't know anything about it.

Thanks Nick!! It will be really great to meet you in Amsterdam!! :applaud:

I do not have a hotel reserved yet but I'm expecting to do the arrangements pretty soon, and I also hope all the "Fernando's" and no "Fernando's" get lucky with this! :wink:

Thanks for the link of the hotel, I'll check it out for sure.

and thanks for your support BonoGirl777!!:hug: :wave:

And by the way, I googled my question above and got the following answer (thought it might be useful for someone else):

"Is there any difference b/t mastercard and euro/mastercard? In Europe we have a card called Eurocard, it is a card using the system of MasterCard. If they mention Euro/MasterCard they just include both, not exclude one. So you can just use your MasterCard and no problems. I use an EuroCard, (but always list it as mastercard as the roll down menues normally do not know it.)"

BTW, I entered my mailing info on that LN page yesterday without buying tickets, just to see how the site works.

When I logged in again today, my information was still there, but not the cc info. Good to know if you expect a rush at 10am.

As of 8am Amsterdam time, I can still get 4 GAs using my Horizon code... hopefully, some weird Horizon guys don't wait until the last minute and buy up all the remaining GAs in the next two hours :mad:

really important if this is you first time trying for milan don't use firefox.
bring out the age old Internet explorer, i couldn't get into the presale until the switch.
They did fix it afterward but in another board i saw someone having issues with it.

Anyway you could register for the ticketone.it site, i did it and saved a lot of time on entering data.
Got GA's went really smooth as butter.

50 minutes until the Breathe people can access the Amsterdam presale... I'm still pulling up 4 GAs

Calm down everyone...there will be enough tickets to go round.

With only 26,000 subscribers worldwide, everyone should get a ticket without any problems....

With 14 dates in Europe alone, even if you split that as approx 1,000 people per concert x 4 tickets is still only 4,000 tickets out of, what, 40-50,000 capacity stadiums.

Tickets will be easy to come by (but everyone stay away from Glasgow OK :D !!!!)

With only 26,000 subscribers worldwide, everyone should get a ticket without any problems....

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too, we really should stop panicking.

As I said before, I always managed to get tickets for every concert I wanted to go to, one way or the other. I'm pretty good at organising stuff :D It's important to keep cool. There are a lot of regular folks out there who will also get U2 tickets and they certainly don't handle the thing like we here do, so relax.

Calm down everyone...there will be enough tickets to go round.

With 14 dates in Europe alone, even if you split that as approx 1,000 people per concert x 4 tickets is still only 4,000 tickets out of, what, 40-50,000 capacity stadiums.

Tickets will be easy to come by (but everyone stay away from Glasgow OK :D !!!!)

not to mention the fact that there's plenty of those 26,000 people who will not be buying tickets this time around because there's no tour dates in the city they live in and want to wait to see what 2010 brings us.

I don't even know if I want GA's, especially for a stadium show. As long as my friend and I get the tickets to the shows we're planning for then that's all I care about.

I had a guy at work ask me today if he gave me money towards my U2.com membership (he has no computer access at home and we don't have it at work :crazy: ) would I give him a ticket out of my 4. I said no since I already have plans for my 4 but it's tempting to take him up on his offer and buy another code. :crack:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too, we really should stop panicking.

There are a lot of regular folks out there who will also get U2 tickets and they certainly don't handle the thing like we here do, so relax.

exactly mate. doubt that anyone who isnt on this forum could really get thru all this that "easily" as we do ...

but dont fall a sleep - time to book hotels, trains, flights though before the crowd takes over...

pretty busy week huh?

50 minutes until the Breathe people can access the Amsterdam presale... I'm still pulling up 4 GAs

So you don't lose your pre-sale code if you enter the ticket selling site (livenation) to find out which tickets are on sale and then cancel the process (because there is no GA left anymore in example), and you can use your pre-sale code again for another show?

Back
Top Bottom