DC, Charlottesville, Atlanta, Tampa, Los Angeles, Vancouver Pre-Sale & General Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might just be in denial, guilty of wishful thinking, whatever, but I really think Raleigh's going to get a show on October 3rd. David Menconi from the News & Observer stated that the chances of Live Nation including Raleigh in a press release for the tour (which they did in the last one they put out: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media...end Shows Completely Sold Out in template.pdf) were pretty much zero if this wasn't already a done deal.

Further, they've got a 4 day gap between Charlottesville on the 1st and Atlanta on the 6th. They're not going to let that day go to waste, and, though C-ville will draw from DC overflow, all of VA, and beyond, that is not the type of market to get a 2nd show (especially for stadiums). It is logical that the spot they'd fill between C-ville and Atlanta would be Raleigh, and with Raleigh being a Saturday show they'll have no problem selling out by drawing from all over the Carolinas and Southern VA. I suppose it's possible they could be considering going to Charlotte instead. Another possibility is maybe they're considering a 2nd Atlanta show that would pre-date the first - i.e. fill Satruday the 3rd with Atlanta # 2. In any case, I think the most likely scenario is Raleigh given all the evidence. Patience with that code. I'm doing same as you - if really no Raleigh, will just save for next year or use for wherever else they do a show Saturday the 3rd.

I think all of what you said makes perfect sense and Carter Finley is free that night (Oct. 3), so why the wait for the announcement and why is u2.com and live nation out of sync? I doubt they would leave a 3 day gap between 2 ATL shows, they're usually back to back and I think CLT will be next summer so why don't they just tell us!!! Tickets are selling like hotcakes so I seriously doubt they would put Raleigh out there and then cancel it. I'll hold onto 2 just incase like you, would be nice to see them in a smaller stadium.

This is ridiculous - according to U2.com, you can't have multiple memberships registered with the same billing address because you risk having your ticket order cancelled. So my boyfriend and I, both huge U2 fans are only entitled to one code even though we paid for 2 subscriptions?! Grrr...

Baja told me to change the billing address on one of the ccards. my wife's mom will now be getting her tickets in the mail :)

on u2.com, Tampa's public onsale is listed as 4/18. With the presale tomorrow, it makes sense that the public onsale would be 4/6. TM is saying 4/6. I guess it's safe to say that u2.com just forgot to change it?

I saw that too. I thought it was weird to have the presale this week and then the general sale be over 2 weeks later

I'm in Horizon group but won't be able to get online until close to 12:00 tomorrow. Anybody know how fast the $30 tickets are selling and would I still have a chance by then? I'm planning on getting tickets to the Tampa show.

Dana

I got a friend to help me if I can't get the Internet at work. He said he'll do the presle for me on Wednesday for NY 2 and Boston 2

So glad I checked in today cause I didn't realize LA goes on pre-sale tomorrow. I didn't get email from U2.com yet, I'm in Breathe class. Any other Breathe get their email?

so I stumbled on here.. I was an old member a while back, had to redo my ID, here is my questions; What are the prices for GA in Atlanta? Also, I am a "boots" member on u2.com (meaning my sorry arse didn't buy my subscription until recently) Does anyone think that there will be GA tix?

sorry if anyone has already asked this...I am thinking of trying for 2 of my presales for seats in Tampa...and saving 2 for GA's elsewhere...anyone have any input on best seat location for the tampa show...I want to be close?? thanks in advance

yeah that's what I was told.. if it isn't i'm screwed.. but haven't had any tix cancelled yet. :sad:

How would we know if they were cancelled? I would hate to line up all day only to find out my tix aren't valid!

Thanks Romi, I'll put my mother-in-law's billing address down.

Thanks Laura, too, I feel much better guys and will def be trying for L.A. tomorrow! :yes:

I'm in Horizon group but won't be able to get online until close to 12:00 tomorrow. Anybody know how fast the $30 tickets are selling and would I still have a chance by then? I'm planning on getting tickets to the Tampa show.

Dana

Why would you waste a Horizon code on $30 tix? Much better off getting GA's for a few bucks more, rather than sitting in the nosebleeds

Why would you waste a Horizon code on $30 tix? Much better off getting GA's for a few bucks more, rather than sitting in the nosebleeds

Because I am very short and 48 years old and haven't been to a live concert since 1999, may be by myself and if not the people who might be with me can't stay on their feet, and I don't think I can handle lining up all day for GA to try to get close, and I really, really, really want to enjoy this, not to mention that while I might be able to afford the medium priced tickets I have no business spending that kind of money when I am horribly in debt and will be looking at horribly high electric bills over the summer. Since this is my only chance to see them this tour and I've never seen them before I am hesitant to try GA and end up being miserable because of legs hurting or not being able to see, etc.

Peace,
Dana

Because I am very short and 48 years old and haven't been to a live concert since 1999, may be by myself and if not the people who might be with me can't stay on their feet, and I don't think I can handle lining up all day for GA to try to get close, and I really, really, really want to enjoy this, not to mention that while I might be able to afford the medium priced tickets I have no business spending that kind of money when I am horribly in debt and will be looking at horribly high electric bills over the summer. Since this is my only chance to see them this tour and I've never seen them before I am hesitant to try GA and end up being miserable because of legs hurting or not being able to see, etc.

Peace,
Dana

Dana, you will have fun with ANY ticket you have. I have had floor seats the Los Angele PopMart show towards the back, and we went up to the cheap seats, and loved it! It was the only PM show I saw from "a distance" and it was a great way to see it. Better to spend $30, and have fun, than $55 and see everyones head.

Dana, you will have fun with ANY ticket you have. I have had floor seats the Los Angele PopMart show towards the back, and we went up to the cheap seats, and loved it! It was the only PM show I saw from "a distance" and it was a great way to see it. Better to spend $30, and have fun, than $55 and see everyones head.

That's what I figure. I haven't been to very many concerts and most of the ones I went to I had nosebleed seats and enjoyed the shows just fine. I saw the Eagles, John Denver, and Neil Diamond from nosebleeds in the early eighties and since I didn't really expect to be able to really "see" anything I was quite happy with the sound being good. The only time I ever did a GA type thing was at Gov. Edwards inaugural ball concert also in the early eighties and I was crushed against the front rail and the bass was vibrating my chest wall and although I loved the band the experience didn't really bear repeating. Since I hadn't had to pay for it I wasn't too upset but I wouldn't have paid money for that. I saw Aerosmith in 99 also for free accompanying a friend and we had seats that would probably be the $250 section, lower level to the right just ahead of the stage with one of the catwalks Tyler used coming right to the railing at the bottom of the aisle that our seats were next to, but I didn't find that position all that fantastic. At least U2 always has the screens above that you can get better views from. I just know that I probably couldn't be comfortable on my feet for just the length of the concert much less for all the additional time that would be required.

Dana

:angry: :angry: :angry: Well, I coughed up $50 for my pre-sale code :angry: :angry: :angry:

Want to try to avoid the stress of this morning, ugh!

Good luck with the general sale! :up: I think you can purchase up to 8 tickets in the general sale. Tickets go on sale at 10am on April 6th.

I kinda doubt there will be any other hurdles. You should be able to buy them as you would for an event in your city.

Thanks! :up::up:

I have one more question for all of you experienced ticket buyers. If I am buying them online in the general sale and they go up at 10am, is the place to be at 9:45 the LiveNation webpage?

hmmm...I don't understand this talk about getting an e-mail from U2.com....I haven't gotten anything, but I'm a horizon member...I plan on buying GA tix tomorrow morning when the presale opens...if I don't get an e-mail...will I have a problem? Thanks :)

Peace,
Dana

You'll likely be able to trade the GA's straight up for $250 or at the very least $95 seats :shrug:

Peace,
Dana

You'll likely be able to trade the GA's straight up for $250 or at the very least $95 seats :shrug:

I was thinking the same thing. Those GA's will be valuable. Not that I know much about trading or selling tickets, but you can probably get yourself some fairly good seats for the price of $55.00 GA's.

Back
Top Bottom