True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What/who I no longer like is Bill. His constant one-note anger and over-seriousness has just really gotten to me. I liked him first season, but I really cannot stand him this season. Everytime I see that super serious face of his onscreen, I just get :angry: :mad: He has no humor in him at all. :down:

I think his seriousness is kinda funny. He's trying to fit in, and ironically, out of all of the vampires, he is the most left out of the current times. He's an anachronism, but he has no idea. And his frustration is visible, and that makes me laugh.

I've seen up through episode 5 of this season, I think. There's a big cliff-hanger with Sam, and I'm a little scared for him. :(

and OMFG CREEPY ORGIES. :crack:

dodaditty21, can I ask that you be very careful with spoilery stuff? Sometimes people that have read the books feel free to hint at what's coming, and while I appreciate the enthusiasm, I would really prefer not to be spoiled.

:grumpy: :wink:

I don't think dodatitty did any real damage.

since they are deviating from the books

no one really knows where they will take this

but for the peace of this thread,

yes, let's not give out too much information

I think his seriousness is kinda funny. He's trying to fit in, and ironically, out of all of the vampires, he is the most left out of the current times. He's an anachronism, but he has no idea. And his frustration is visible, and that makes me laugh.

Agreed.

Vampire Bill has his share of funny moments, they're just...more subtle?

One moment that leaps to mind is the awkward hug with Jason a few episodes back. Bill's reaction made me laugh, but it wasn't at the expense of a one-liner or an obvious joke or an expletive or anything. It's his facial expressions. I think the actor (Stephen Moyer?) does a fine job.

Agreed.

Vampire Bill has his share of funny moments, they're just...more subtle?

One moment that leaps to mind is the awkward hug with Jason a few episodes back. Bill's reaction made me laugh, but it wasn't at the expense of a one-liner or an obvious joke or an expletive or anything. It's his facial expressions. I think the actor (Stephen Moyer?) does a fine job.

I agree with this, too. I still like Bill, and in terms of who's hotter (which I'm sure is a conversation you men are having all the time) I would take Bill over Eric any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Just more my type. However, since learning that Bill and Sookie are a couple in real life I always see Bill as trying to be extra serious or else he'll bust out laughing.

No new episode last night. Yeah, next week is the finale and the next new one. The episode title is "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'"

this Rachel Wood is not a very good actress

I strongly disagree. The way she delivered the line "I think he may be monogamous with his human..." with a little disgusted lift of the eyebrow, etc., etc. The way she completely sold me on being able to kick Vampire Eric's ass. I think she's great and I hope we see a lot more of her character next season. Anyway...

Very satisfying end to the Mary Anne plot line. I was thinking that the cow (or whatever that was) very well could be Sam, but when the rumor was confirmed and he shifted back into human form and he pulled out that bitch's black heart...I cheered. A few great lines, too -

"If a tree falls in the forest, it's still a tree ain't it?"

"I'm a waitress. What the fuck are you?"

This show rules. Season 1 was a stronger set of episodes and a better story arc, but this had a lot to like about it too. :up:

I haven't watched the finale yet and I'm not reading anything in this thread yet.

I'm soo glad Maryanne is gone. She needed to die weeks ago.

As for Bill Vs. Eric...can't wait till next season! I'm sure I'll enjoy watching two fight over Sookie.

This show rules. Season 1 was a stronger set of episodes and a better story arc, but this had a lot to like about it too. :up:

I agree with this completely. Season 1 was definitely better, but I did enjoy Season 2 a lot.

My friends did not like the S2 finale. I did. I thought it was good and very much in the same vein as the S1 finale. I think what they don't get is that this is a show that chooses not to end its seasons with HUGE, GASP INDUCING cliffhangers. Yes, they leave you guessing at some stuff, but it's not like a Pam-finding-Bobby-in-the-shower-and-him-saying-"Hi"-to-her kind of cliffhanger. I think 'True Blood' likes to end their seasons with mostly resolutions, and then a few loose strings left over to start off the next season.

All-in-all I very much enjoyed the Season 2 finale.

:D :up:

Allan Hyde who played Godric had the chops to pull it off, he did not need (or get) much time to develop.
He did not have the physical presence of Eric, or even Bill but he pulled it off.

That actress playing Jennifer has more presence than Wood.

9128_917718357910_1932937_52349515_5757744_n.jpg

Finally watched the finale over the weekend. Kind of meh but I still can't wait for next season. I did enjoy Bill & Sookie's little dance.

One question:
When Sam looked longingly at that deer I wondered if his sacrifice experience somehow changed his shapeshifting ability? Or was it just some vague desire to run away from it all?

Finally watched the finale over the weekend. Kind of meh but I still can't wait for next season. I did enjoy Bill & Sookie's little dance.

One question:
When Sam looked longingly at that deer I wondered if his sacrifice experience somehow changed his shapeshifting ability? Or was it just some vague desire to run away from it all?

I thought it was cause Daphne was a deer and he missed her.

Back
Top Bottom