US Politics VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Jr’s wife filed for divorce.

He seems like an insufferable prick.

Stormy Daniels’s lawyer just said that physical threats were made against her regarding the lawsuit.

We’ve gone full Soprano.

Fuck these dirty, horrible, nasty, violent, criminal people.

Some RUMORS about John Kelly resigning as soon as today.

McMaster leaving scares me the most. Jon Bolton has been a name floating around. If true, we’d have two huge war mongers as NSA and SoS

Neither would hesitate to bomb the shit out of Iran and NK

McMaster leaving scares me the most. Jon Bolton has been a name floating around. If true, we’d have two huge war mongers as NSA and SoS

Everyone rallies around a war president. Midterms ‘a comin’.

This.

But remember, we couldn't have that criminal, war-mongering Hillary as president!

I know Mueller taking his time is a good thing, 'cause it means he's taking great care to make sure any of what he finds can stick to these people and they can't slip away. But man, seriously, if he can find something that can finally nail Trump once and for all (and, hopefully, Pence, too) as soon as humanly possible, or if something can trigger Congress to FINALLY put that 25th Amendment clause into actual use, or whatever, that would truly be wonderful and welcome news.

Last edited:
I was partially just letting off steam with that comment, but even so, I never meant it that way. Was just expressing hope that his efforts will pay off and do their part to help us perhaps finally deal with this mess.

I agree that democracy is important, too, and some of the recent special elections are giving me some hope in that area. But in terms of potentially seeing a mass sea change, well, November is still a ways away yet, and a lot could change between now and then. So it's good to focus on the other people and means out there that can potentially help us in the meantime.

Mainly, I just want some reassurance that this insanity will end someday soon (or soon-ish), or at least start actually being properly dealt with, soon. I know that's a difficult, if not outright impossible guarantee to make, and I know there have been some efforts thus far to try and tackle all this craziness. But it sure would be nice to have some sort of positive certainty to look forward to as well.

I think expecting that Mueller is going to save us all is...misguided. That investigation is not the answer.

Democracy is the solution here.
A good legal system is a fairly important part of a good democracy...

I do get your point, and of course agree that anyone disgusted with this administration needs to make change at the ballot box and not just hope for Bob Mueller to walk everyone out of the oval in chains.

So this Cambridge Analytics seems to be growing as a story and issue.

And Trump having a meltdown on Twitter is always nice to see.

And yet... if you look at this Trump presidency from a distance, and I mean time and space distance, he's trucking along as he has been from the beginning. Playing to his base and trusting his self confidence will sway enough of the rest.
Still no facts to bury him. Still no GOP revolt.
Still can't believe it's real...

A large segment of population don't even know what the "facts" are. They're tuned out.

And for those partisans who fancy themselves informed, they're mostly interested in "facts" that reinforce what they already believe...and such information is accepted without scrutiny. Information that tends to go contrary to what they believe (to the extent they even allow themselves to be exposed to it) is generally met with skepticism and ultimately discarded.

Last edited:
A large segment of population don't even know what the "facts" are. They're tuned out.

And for those partisans who fancy themselves informed, they're mostly interested in "facts" that reinforce what they already believe...and such information is accepted without scrutiny. Information that tends to go contrary to what they believe (to the extent they even allow themselves to be exposed to it) is generally met with skepticism and ultimately discarded.

Pretty good summary of post-truth politics right there. If you create enough noise, people can believe whatever they want.

I agree this is a problem for our current political landscape, but confirmation bias has been around for as long as there has been news, and it exists anywhere there is news. And psychologically everyone is prone to it to some degree. The problem now is the utter ruthlessness with which news media is willing to exploit it.

giphy.gif

Don Jr. allegedly had an affair with Aubrey O'Day in 2011 when she was on Celebrity Apprentice. He told her he was in love with her and was going to leave his wife for her. Etc.

His wife found out when she found emails. Aubrey released a song in 2013 entitled DJT. I guess no one noticed.

affair20f-4-web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom