US Politics VI - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #461
Refugee

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
It's all about who you follow. I follow all sorts of left leaning folk/sites and never see the crazy-pants stuff you're always talking about, unless someone I follow is retweeting it to show how crazy-pants it is.

Totally agree, I follow very leftist folks (lots of DSA members and weird leftist twitter humor) and pretty much all of them make fun of the Russia hysteria. They hate people like Garland, Abramson, and Mensch because they're so consistently wrong. But, like all sane people they do accept that the Russian government was trying to help Trump get elected.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:20 PM
I don't have an account on Twitter, myself, and save for the occasional political Twitter link somebody shares here, if I do look up a link to something Twitter-related for whatever reason, it isn't related to politics.

And I haven't been on Facebook in ages, either. So I have no clue what sort of crazy political stuff gets sent along on those waves. Any news I get comes from AP articles and local/state/national newspapers and things of that sort. I certainly don't take what people say on Twitter or Facebook or things of that sort as gospel, nor would I ever think to treat them as legitimate news sources in and of themselves.

And if some important piece of news came along via social media, I'd check other sources like newspapers and so forth to make sure it's backed up and legit.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #463
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:20 PM
dp
Old 03-14-2018, 12:37 AM   #464
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:20 PM
US Politics VI

It’s not over, but those tariffs didn’t do what they were intended to do.

This is how you win. The right candidates for the right districts, and the ground team gets out and fights.

You will never, ever get progressive legislation passed without a majority of D’s in the seats. Do whatever it takes to win back the house, the clock on the 2020 census is ticking (and everything).
Old 03-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #465
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It’s not over, but those tariffs didn’t do what they were intended to do.

This is how you win. The right candidates for the right districts, and the ground team gets out and fights.

You will never, ever get progressive legislation passed without a majority of D’s in the seats. Do whatever it takes to win back the house, the clock on the 2020 census is ticking (and everything).
I don't think Trump did the tariffs just to help the PA race. He was talking about doing that during the campaign. I believe he thinks it will help him in re-election, and probably thought it might help Saccone as a side benefit, but I don't think that was the prime motivator.

Otherwise, I completely agree with the rest of your comment, i.e. the type of district-appropriate people Dems need to run to win in some of these red areas. That's one reason Ossoff lost a winnable race, IMO. Purity tests are a sure way to stay out of power.

In the grand scheme of things this race doesn't matter much anyway, other than as a morale boost for Dems and a morale blow for Republicans. This district is going away and there will be a new election for the new district (which should be at least a light shade of blue) in November.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #466
Blue Crack Supplier

If we get a new wave of GOP retirements out of this, then mission accomplished.

And perhaps we’ll stop being subjected to NYT anthropological pieces on these people and why they voted for Trump.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:02 AM   #467
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

It's a little late for most Republicans to retire, as the filing deadlines in many areas have already passed. Most retirements now would REALLY screw the party on the way out the door. I think most people who were going to retire most likely already have. But I wouldn't be surprised if yes, anyone who has been on the fence about leaving might be a little more motivated to now.

Interestingly, the fielding deadline hasn't passed for Wisconsin yet, so Paul Ryan at least is somewhat of an open question.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #468
Blue Crack Addict

People support leftism because they were fooled by fake accounts!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b07047bec68023

Fake accounts are all about MAGA and leftists, who are actually the same! The Democrats are the only rational, good people!
Old 03-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #469
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
The Democrats are the only rational, good people!
Tibetan monks are pretty cool too.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #470
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:20 PM
One can believe that Russians attempted to help the non mainstream candidates on both sides of the asile in 2016, and that there are many who fell victim to these social media posts and whatnot, without thinking that any one party is the only answer or that every person who has beliefs that are towards the fringe is just a dope being manipulated by the Kremlin.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:58 PM   #471
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
One can believe that Russians attempted to help the non mainstream candidates on both sides of the asile in 2016, and that there are many who fell victim to these social media posts and whatnot, without thinking that any one party is the only answer or that every person who has beliefs that are towards the fringe is just a dope being manipulated by the Kremlin.
I can agree with this. I think there are some people who would not agree with this.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #472
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I can agree with this. I think there are some people who would not agree with this.
And I can agree with that.

We've seen a few in here.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #473
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Sounds like Trump is ready to dump McMaster and Sessions.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:21 PM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

I didn't have cable TV or WiFi for almost a week because of a snowstorm. The best thing about it was reduction of Trump news, Trump face, Trump everything.

It was like Trump reduction surgery. For a brief period of time I could pretend he never happened.

Tillerson seemed to me to be the only one with a modicum of intelligence. He called Trump some sort of name once, can't remember details. I'm sure Trump has wanted to fire him ever since.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #475
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 03:20 PM
How Trump can talk about cutting “deadweight” while Betsy DeVos still has a job is quite beyond me.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:05 PM   #476
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
How Trump can talk about cutting “deadweight” while Betsy DeVos still has a job is quite beyond me.

Rich idiots like loyal rich idiots.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:39 PM   #477
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Also helps who her brother is
Old 03-14-2018, 10:44 PM   #478
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Also helps who her brother is

Someone has to establish those back channels to the Kremlin.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #479
Blue Crack Addict

While Trump continues stumbling around in the dark looking for the light switches, the Democrats are laying down on banking once again.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:31 AM   #480
Blue Crack Addict

Googled it, last July Tillerson called Trump a moron after a meeting at the Pentagon. #truthteller

Trump told Forbes that it was probably fake news, but if Tillerson did say it they would have to compare IQ tests and he could tell us who would win. Um, no.