IO: I need tech assistance & don't know where to post this!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Here's the thing - I believe I've found my next tattoo, but not being artistically inclined, I'm unable to draw the image. That's the bad news. Good news is, this particular image is on-screen in the Options menu of one of my DVDs.

Is there a way to capture the particular graphic I want from the DVD & reprint it via Word, or Paint, etc???? I've tried PrintScreen hoping to catch it that way, but I get no response from my printer.

Can someone help me with this???? (Apologies again if there's another forum this should have gone in.)

Thanks!!
Blu

:lmao: this probably should've gone in LS, but that's okay, i'll be nice. :wink:

print screen doesn't really print per se, it copies to the clipboard. try doing print screen again and then opening an image editor (like paint, etc.) and pasting it there. then you can print. :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Your kindness & wisdom is beyond that of mere mortals - I bow humbly in your general direction!! :wink:

(I'll be back in a bit to let you know how it turned out!) :up:

OK - no success. I opened the screen with the desired graphic, hit PRTSCR again & went into Paint and PhotoShop with the same results: an image is pasted, but instead of looking at an image of the screen with my graphic, I get black screen. Or else the screen image that I want appears, but it's very tiny (like, avatar size) and in the bottom lower right of the pasted image & if I try to scroll down or to the left to show the entire image, it disappears completely!!
Any ideas what's going on/how to fix it???
Thanks again soooo much for the tips.... I have at least learn up to this point how everyone was posting images of their desktops a few weeks ago! :)

Thanks so much Crystal! :up: That's a great idea - and I may very well need it if I'm unable to get this done with the "local help", LOL!! I'll make sure to save the link in my favorites right now. :)

Bonochick said:
May I print screen your brains? :drool:
:scream: No fair trying to get to my brains - with or without salt! And here I was, thinking we was friends an' stuff! I'll just go off & sit in the corner - by myself! :grumpy:

Bye the bye, I have now managed to get the screen image saved; I just have to figure out how to manipulate the section of screen that I select and save it. And I'll do it all by myself - so nyah! :tongue:

(PLEASE note the playful tone....I'm not angry!! ;) )

Last edited:
crystal4470 said:
Hey Blu, I dont know how i did it but the link works or did you edit it so it would work.
Nope, not me! :wink: You did it! :up: It was probably done automatically; most times, fully typed email addy's will display as a link.
For example: www.msn.com

See?

BluRmGrl said:

:scream: No fair trying to get to my brains - with or without salt! And here I was, thinking we was friends an' stuff! I'll just go off & sit in the corner - by myself! :grumpy:

Friends are highly overrated.

When I write a dictionary, this will be my definition of "friendship":

A relationship people enter into so that one person may lull the other into a false sense of happiness and trust so that the former person may stab the latter person in the back and leave said person high and dry.

Bonochick said:

Friends are highly overrated.

When I write a dictionary, this will be my definition of "friendship":

A relationship people enter into so that one person may lull the other into a false sense of happiness and trust so that the former person may stab the latter person in the back and leave said person high and dry.
:hug: Bonochick :hug: You've been hurt, haven't you, little one? There, there now..... we're not all monsters, you know! :lol:

Success!!! I managed to figure it out on my own - although there was much cursing & gnashing of teeth in the process! I cropped, rotated, cleaned up & printed out a image from a DVD onto one crisp, clear 8x10 sheet of paper. I shall, tomorrow, march my little ass down to my favorite ink palace and inquire as to the cost for this little gem that will forever brand me as a U2 fan. (And when the ink's dry, I'll post pics so you can all be jealous!!!) :tongue:

Thanks to all who offered me suggestions - they were helpful & greatly appreciated. Thanks also to those who DID NOT eat my brains. A complimentary 5lb bag of Morton's is being sent to you for use on your next victim(s) who don't escape! :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom