IO: I hate sunburns.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtooellen

New Yorker
Yesterday my church had a fundraising car wash, and I was outside baking in the sun wearing a tanktop for more then 3 hours.
When I got home I looked in the mirror and said to myself, "YES, I tanned!"

then...

... I woke up this morning to find that I am bright red from my arms and up. :mad:

it hurts so much too... :sad: :sigh:

My forehead was peeling so badly last week...and it was getting all mixed up in my hair, so it made me look like I had dandruff. :mad:

Bonochick dont blame sunburn for your scalp issues. We all know you need Head & Shoulders, but refuse!

I miss being sunburned, or rather, the opportunity. :sigh: It's a ridiculous 14 degrees or something here today. It might even rain.
:mad:

My mom got me SPF 50 for the trip to Maine...

It comes in a lovely pink container. I tan easily, but I guess it is good, since I will be spening alot of time outdoors, most likely... unless it rains the whole time.

there are sunburns, and then there are tanlines

My sympathy to anyone who has sunburns.......

Sunburns are the worst. :angry:

I'm pretty sure I'm getting skin cancer in the future due to an insane sunburn I got on the entire backside of my body last year. This summer, SPF 50 is my best friend :love:

Angela Harlem said:
Bonochick dont blame sunburn for your scalp issues. We all know you need Head & Shoulders, but refuse!

I'll face your Head & Shoulders!! :angry:

I mean, I'll Head & Shoulders your face!!!! :angry:

Yeah!!!!!!! :angry:

i have a lovely sunburn from sunbathing in ireland (yes, the isle of rain)....i returned to visit friends + family last week, and the weather was so unusually hot and sunny that i sunbathed for 3 days straight....suffice it to say, it was not a lovely plane journey back to America....i am now in the peeling stage....and am getting no sympathy as most people assume it's impossible to get a sunburn while holidaying in ireland!

BAW had the most unusual sunburn from last weekend's Angel V. Yankees game...we sat in the upper deck in the shade for the entire game; the sun was behind us and yet she has this red sunburn covering her chest, it looks like she's wearing a bib from Red Lobster....and a rectangular red mark on her upper forehead...told her if was the reflection of Derk Jeter's bling bling from the field.....:combust:

Due to my own stupidity I got badly sunburnt about two to three weeks ago now. I was sat in the car on a hot, sunny day wearing a three-quarter-length-sleeved t-shirt (came just past my elbow) with no sun cream on and was texting on my mobile phone. Therefore I had my arm up in front of me absorbing the heat that was being magnified by the windscreen for a few considerable minutes. I then continued to sit in the car for at least 2 hours...(I know, I know, I know I was stupid!)

The sunburn I got was so bad I think I must have actually given myself a 'proper' burn. I say this because my skin didn't just peel off once but twice and my elbow (don't ask me how that got burnt) is still peeling...

Mercifully it didn't hurt and my skin on my arm is now relatively back to normal just a little red.

So I just thought I'd share. :hug: to everyone in agony over sunburns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom