Will U2 play the REAL lead single on Fallon show ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to figure out what "more" people think U2 will give us on an extended version, and if it even makes sense that there will be an extended version. Beautiful Day came in at 4:05 and there it remained, if memory serves. That's only 18 seconds longer than Invisible currently is.

Not that I don't want an extended Invisible, they could make it 6 minutes and I'd eat it up. Live maybe the solo could use some extending? I just doubt were going to get much more than 4:10 to mayyyybe 4:20 out of whatever the final version is..

But why bother with an edit down to 3:48 if the full thing is only 20-30 seconds longer? A single just over 4 minutes is no big deal.

i could easily see them only playing one song as well... as this night isn't really about U2, it's about Fallon's first night as host of the Tonight Show.

So people expecting this to turn into something akin to when Conan had them on will be sorely disappointed, me thinks.

There's probably a strong chance they'll play at least one more song that won't air and will only be shown online, big artists get this bonus on Fallon's show sometimes.

But why bother with an edit down to 3:48 if the full thing is only 20-30 seconds longer? A single just over 4 minutes is no big deal.

I'd think there almost has to be a longer version that will be on the record. I'm not sure I'd call it an "extended" version anymore than the album version of NYD for example is the "extended one". The album version is the proper version, and the single is the "edited" or "single" version. The Invisible that I downloaded says "(RED) Edit Version" or some such thing, so that leads me to believe that the album version will indeed be longer. Or at least different.

And my suspicion is that it will be a slightly different mix as well, perhaps less poppy...but this part is just a guess.

It could be like Wild Horses, the Pop singles or Walk On as well, basically a different recording or heavily different mix. Not unlikely given their apparent desire to return to the studio with different producers.

Because they just gave this away for free and that was nice and made everyone feel warm and all that, but could all the U2 fans now please go and pay for it - it has a longer intro and everything. Bono might want to end AIDS, but Edge has a 120 foot yacht to maintain. Do you know how much fuel it takes to get that thing from the Caribbean to the Mediterranean and back each year?

There's probably a strong chance they'll play at least one more song that won't air and will only be shown online, big artists get this bonus on Fallon's show sometimes.

I mean yea that's a distinct possibility... They could play another song or two for the audience and web exclusive content... Many acts have done that for Fallon in the past.

But there are a lot of people who think that this show is going to turn into the U2 show. I mean maybe... but this is the very first Tonight Show for Fallon and the first the the show will be taped in NYC in like 50 years. That in and of its self is a big deal... and the show will be as much about introducing Fallon to the earlier audience as it is about any guests.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I think they'll get two songs on air though rather than the usual late night 1, it's U2 and Fallon is a huge fan and tried to get them for his first run in 2009.

I'd say Ordinary Love with the Oscars so close, plus they'd want to "rehearse" it live before they perform it at the Academy Awards. And I HOPE Invisible. But it may as well be an old song for the casual music loving audience.

You're very silly if you think she was suggesting they would actually play it.

silly-goose-s.jpg

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Fallon was on Leno last night, and he said the guests for his first show would be "U2 and Will Smith." Probably meaningless, but it's interesting that he said them in that order.

Well pharrel was just confirmed to perform his nominated song at the oscars, so U2 better be there!! Lol

If Ordinary Love and Invisible are on the album and the third single is released is actually the first single then the world is really fucking confusing.

Anyone else feel its time Beautiful Day & Vertigo need a new live arrangement? I enjoy both songs but feels like the same performance every time.

^of course! Ive always thought they should play Vertigo backwards, start with the "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" part and end with "uno dos tres catorce"

I'd think there almost has to be a longer version that will be on the record. I'm not sure I'd call it an "extended" version anymore than the album version of NYD for example is the "extended one". The album version is the proper version, and the single is the "edited" or "single" version. The Invisible that I downloaded says "(RED) Edit Version" or some such thing, so that leads me to believe that the album version will indeed be longer. Or at least different.

And my suspicion is that it will be a slightly different mix as well, perhaps less poppy...but this part is just a guess.

the song fades out.. could be more tacked on to the end..

the song fades out.. could be more tacked on to the end..

Sure, I suppose so. Or there could be a bit in the middle they cut out. Or a combination of both.

However (and I rarely make predictions here) but my prediction is that the album version is going to be a different mix than the one we've heard. I have nothing to base this on other than my own suspicions based on how the RED version is mixed, and the audience it's been mixed for. Well that and U2 just loves to continue to tinker with things, and I don't see why this song should be any different. If we've learned one thing the past few days, it's most certainly that this record certainly isn't "finished".

Unlikely, but I would love to hear that sly little 'oooh' at the end of the beetle verse. Almost the only downside to the ZOO performances is that the vocals lacked that ultra relaxed, dreamy quality.

Unlikely, but I would love to hear that sly little 'oooh' at the end of the beetle verse. Almost the only downside to the ZOO performances is that the vocals lacked that ultra relaxed, dreamy quality.

what?

Back
Top Bottom