What is a good U2 album for enjoying outside on a sunny day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockonedge

Acrobat
Just wondering you all's opinions, the title pretty much explains it all...i think i'm just going to bring out JT and maybe ATYCLB (for Beautiful day, duh :p ) along with my hw and some :cool: sunglasses. And lots of lots of sunblock.

:eek: = me getting really really sunburned. ah its nice to be irish. but i'll be okay b/c i'll have my good music. :shrug: :D

Gickies Gageeze said:
atyclb is good for leaving outside in the sun on a hot sunny day, as it will surely destroy it.

Now, if only we could say the same about you!

:wave:

Yeah.......................................

Okay, moving right along...

I would go with ATYCLB. WH and BD are great sunny day songs. :cool:

JT is definitely a "summer" album, IMO - but not a great one if you are looking for "fun". I'd go with Zooropa if you want light-hearted U2 (even though it only appears to be lighthearted).

I think ATYCLB would make a nice coaster for your beverage, next to the lawn chair.

Monday was an absolutely gorgeous day and I blasted JT and it felt sooooo good.

Last edited:
arw9797 said:
Achtung Baby and Pop.

Yeah! Pop! I left Jt in my car and couldn't get to it fast enough so i just ended up listening to Pop, it was really great, always is, especially outside with the nice breeze, stuff like SATS or LNOE was good. I still fi nd that i only sing Edge's part during miami. :shrug: Thats a summery song too for sure.

*puppy dog face* please don't hurt my ATYCLB. its the first U2 album i ever bought and i would be scarred for life if it were hurt. its not my favorite and i don't think its the best but its still really special. i have those cool stone coasters that suck up the water that i can use. :D

seems we agree, my immediate reaction to your question was The Joshua Tree.... great album.
I think ATYCLB has a more wintery feel, but not elevation, that is a good summer celebrating song.
Don't use your Cd's as coasters:sad:
:hug: CD's:hug:

:laugh:

ATYCLB and JT are very much the Spring/Summer albums..when it comes to Winter evenings its AB and Zooropa

boy recaptures the innocense of playful summers
joshua tree captures the beauty of summer and makes you feel it
atyclb has some nice pleasant tunes that fit well with sun and wind

Back
Top Bottom