Walking while listening to U2 songs can be dangerous!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Yes, believe me.
wink.gif

Just got home, after 3 days on the beach (Friday was holiday here
wink.gif
), I got some fun, relax and sunbathing as well. On Saturday afternoon, almost at twilight time, I put my earphones on, chose 2 of my U2 tapes and went walking on the sea shore, barefeet. The tapes were The Best of 80?s and Irving Plaza, more than 2 hours of U2 songs. What a beauty is to hear songs like Pride, Bad, The Unforgettable Fire, All I Want is You, Streets, Stuck, so many, all alone walking and watching the waves and the sky...and even sing along a little, while nobody was watching
wink.gif

The problem is:
I completely lost the notion of the time passing. I walked more than 2 hours without even notice that! My family was already worried about me, I disappeared. And in the day after, my poor legs were really sore, LOL. But I would do that again. Only my songs and me, as good as it gets.

So, have you ever had such a dangerous experience? If you haven?t, don?t say that I didn?t warn you first, LOL
smile.gif

When we lived out in the country, I used to go for U2 walks all of the time...tell my parents I'd be back in like 20 minutes...would walk in the door 3 hours later. One time, they had actually driven around the neighborhood looking for me because they were worried I'd been kidnapped. Whoops...*lol*

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

Whats worse is, whether you have headphones on or you are in a store or whatever and U2 is playing and you know it a 'little too well' and you are singing along in your head, and accidently yell something out loud.
For example, suddenly yelling out "On your knees boy" doesn't always come across well on a quiet Sunday afternoon in the line at a supermarket.

I go on U2 walks like that a fair bit.. nobody worries though because i usually time them for when my parents are already in bed.

I nearly got run over and have walked by rivers and nearly fallen in because of U2 song.
I dissapeared off to Ireland to see U2 and my mum didn't know til I got there.Family still don't know I slept outside Slane the nite before to get a good place to stand.It was worth it to see U2 live.I couldn't get over the fact THEY WERE REAL
THAT WAS REALLY BONO/EDGE/SPARKY/LARRY

Too many more to say but it is sheer bliss just being able to listen to them focus on the music and blank everything else.

hehe, great thread

I especially love it when my gf forgets that people can actually hear you singing along in the car when you've stopped driving

the looks we sometimes get
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Some cool stories here, and also a pattern? LOL

What I didn?t tell you is that I ended up in another beach! I didn?t even realise that I was going sooooo far, LOL
But oh well, I put together two of the things I love the most, my songs and the sea, couldn?t get better than that.
I got lost completely, lost in my songs. These guys are dangerous, I?ll tell you that
wink.gif

Recently my husband and i were on holidays and we had just returned to the car after a 15klm bushwalk. we just sat there for about 20 miutes before we left. Naturally i put my discman on closed my eyes and started singing along to IGWSHA (going througha Pop phase at the moment) - anyway I'm really getting into the swing of things when my husband nudged me and i opened my eyes to a audiance of about 5 outside the car, all looking in - Oh boy , went red and shut up fast and i was realy enjoying it !!

Pamela

-----------------------------------

"I may not be the best bass player in the band, but I am the bass player"

Originally posted by brettig:
*expected to read about all these people who walked into poles/walls/people while listening to U2*
biggrin.gif

Actually...

The other day at work, I wasn't listening to U2, but I was thinking of the song in my head. I was looking in the other direction, but I hadn't stopped walking...and I smacked right into a wall.

I mainly work in the open computer labs in the library...my "smack!" into the wall was so loud that a bunch of people turned around and looked. D'oh!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know that half of it...

Back
Top Bottom