U2 to perform @ World Peace One Event.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coolian2 said:

Plus you could get me to crawl over broken glass for the final October -> New Year's Day performance.

Its just a shame its only the Lovetown Tour and not the brilliant Joshua Tree tour :wink:

Just for that second comment, I'd make you crawl over broken glass anyway. :wink:

And we both know any tour that does not come to New Zealand can in no way be regarded as "brilliant".

That should sort out the hangers on

Absolutely. And an even worse fate awaits any potential scalpers. They will be sent to the recycling factory to be recycled into Celine Dion CDs. :evil:

Exit + In God's Country = a bit of alright...certainly better than Love Rescue Me and When Love Comes To Town...

You're right though, not hitting up New Zealand certainly isn't brilliant. One could call it criminal, even.

Surely a worse fate for scalpers would be being recycled into Celine Dion concert-goers.

coolian2 said:
Exit + In God's Country = a bit of alright...certainly better than Love Rescue Me and When Love Comes To Town...

You're right though, not hitting up New Zealand certainly isn't brilliant. One could call it criminal, even.

Well, personally, I thought WLCTT was good live, but yeah, Exit/IGC was a better combo. I'm surprised how little both songs actually appeared on Lovetown. An Exit --> God Part II --> IGC combo would have been mindblowing.

Surely a worse fate for scalpers would be being recycled into Celine Dion concert-goers.

Nah, a concert only lasts about 2 hours. But if they're a CD, they've got to continually reproduce her whiny rubbish while some 11 year old girl wails along at the top of her lungs. I'd rather the concert!

Axver said:

Well, personally, I thought WLCTT was good live, but yeah, Exit/IGC was a better combo. I'm surprised how little both songs actually appeared on Lovetown. An Exit --> God Part II --> IGC combo would have been mindblowing.

Nah, a concert only lasts about 2 hours. But if they're a CD, they've got to continually reproduce her whiny rubbish while some 11 year old girl wails along at the top of her lungs. I'd rather the concert!

I like When Love Comes To Town live too, but its no Exit or In God's Country. If only U2 listened to us! No matter how young we were when the tours were on.

I didn't say the scalpers would only be forced to ONE concert.

coolian2 said:
I like When Love Comes To Town live too, but its no Exit or In God's Country. If only U2 listened to us! No matter how young we were when the tours were on.

If only U2 let me write their setlists, then we wouldn't have to worry about whether they'll ever remember the second half of JT. :drool:

I didn't say the scalpers would only be forced to ONE concert.

Why don't we just take it one step further and force the scalpers to spend the rest of their lives physically attached to Celine Dion?

I've invited U2 to play at my birthday party in August. If they accept, you're all invited, too.

Chances of it happening: 1:100000000

Too many "simultaneous concerts on 'x' different countries in support of 'y' good cause" going on. :tsk: Live Aid was great because it was the first. Live 8 was cool because it was the sequel. Spin-offs suck.

Re: Re: Re: U2 to perform @ World Peace One Event.

Mofo said:

this lineup is waaaaaay better than the live earth, I was planning on flying to london and there wasn't one single artist that made me want to make the trip all the way over there eventhough there's some favorites of mine like damien rice and snowpatrol.

this one includes a lot of "big groups" not that most of them will perform anyway...and it's really odd that no new groups are being invited...

MAYBE in the regional acts will be more up & coming as well as well-know but not SO famous from the areas.

I too would like to see at least several newer acts, myself.

There's plenty folks i like, and a few I love- so IF i had the kind of money it'd probably take to go and pick the best of one line-up in one city-- I'd go.

OF COURSE this is IF this thing gets off the ground in the first place! :wink:

But I wish them well....... and there is competence therein for planning, staging, facilities etc!:yes:

gotta disagree with ya, Utoo. I mean, almost anything now of a certain size & esp when it's ALOT of R&R bands in the mix-- is go nna be called/considered a "spin-off" from Live Aid. Or Live 8 too!

ANd since-- wwaaayyyyy back-- i think..."the Concert For Bangladesh" {George Harrison/Dylan/ Ravi Shankar & a few others}-- WAS the first MASSIVe R&R event for a cause of a certain type of emergency/urgent situatuion this is NOT counting 2 Big & BIGGER concerts for raising money for peace groups back in the 60's/70's .

The concert for Bangaldesh was the first concert my folks let me stay out overnight to get tickets. .lol.

so you could say Live Aid was a Spin-Off of TC4B! :wink:

BTW Utoo- :love: you sig! :giggle:

Last edited:
Axver said:

3am tomorrow via Ticketbastard.ax.ver with tickets modestly priced between $1,000 and $5,000! 10% discount for any purchaser who can provide U2 setlist trivia that I do not already know! GET YOUR TICKETS NOW! :hyper:

How many gigs did Adam sing backup into a working mic?

Woo only 90% left on that $1,000.

This isn't a nosebleed right?

Back
Top Bottom