U2 Songs that I Hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you read the booklet in the cd, there is another verse which he doesnt sing:eyebrow:

It starts like, "Still the gunman rules, and widows pay" I think.

Id've liked to have heard the whole thing....

bonnevoix02 said:
The Refugee
most of October (except Gloria and Fire)
Stuck In A Moment...
The second half of ATYCLB (save When I Look At the World)
The second half of Pop
Babyface
The second half of Zooropa
TTTYAATW
When Love Comes to Town (too generic for them)

As for Mysterious Ways, it sounds way better in the ZOO TV Live in Sydney vid and live generally.

So essentially you like only the singles that were released post achtung baby? I assume you didnt care much for Passengers or the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack either.

u2lassie said:

No way djerdap!!Bullet is well overdone now!! "See it driving nails into the souls on the tree of pain." Eh?? Come again Bono?? I have to agree with you about Love Rescue Me however! Yeuch!

You are spot on u2lassie. How many times can they rework this one? If I have to "see those fighter planes" again on the next tour with some obvious reference to Iraq I will have to leave the stadium or take a bathroom break!! There are too many great songs on HTDAAB to make room for this old chestnut:combust:

Thank you, Hibby Face! They can fit in the whole of HTDAAB in the time it takes Bono to do the old spotlight malarky!:yes: Lets start a campaign to boo if they play it on the next tour!!Hee Hee!!

god i just hate every u2 song. thats why i still post here so i can tell everybody that i do. :D

Sorry Exit To The North, I really like all of the aforementioned songs you hate.

I REALLY, REALLY HATE:
If God Will Send His Angels
Last Night On Earth
the version of Please on Pop
Happiness Is A Warm Gun

I TRULY DISLIKE:
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
The First Time
Walk On
When I Look At The World
Mercy
Miracle Drug

I VAGUELY DISLIKE:
Please (single mix)
Beat On The Brat
Smile
Xanax And Wine
City Of Blinding Lights

Where the Streets Have No Name, One, With or Without You, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, The Fly, I Will Follow, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Bad... what the hell was U2 thinking when they wrote these songs? Honestly, they should stick to stuff like Love Rescue Me and those one tracks on The Unforgettable Fire that I can't even remember what they sound like...4th of July and Elvis Presley Ate America. And those songs from that one album about God and stuff, what was it, October? The ones about throwing bricks through windows and rejoicing about it and stuff.

i don't like:

** red light
** Surrender (the coconuts... :tsk: :tsk: )
** One three hill (I know this is a very emotive song but... nah)
** Peace on earth (I tried... I really tried)
** Grace
** Elvis presley ate america ( i don't know if i'm not smart enough to get that song :huh: )

One from every last albums:(BTW not a fan of...not that I hate)

JT: Bullet
RaH: Heartland
AB: Whos gonna ride your wild horses
Zooropa:Babyface
Pop: Playboy mansion
ATYCLB: Grace, In a little while
HTDAAB: Crumbs

Muggsy said:
i don't like:

** red light
** Grace
** Elvis presley ate america ( i don't know if i'm not smart enough to get that song :huh: )

How can you say "nah" to one tree hill? It is one of my favourite songs.Definitely in my top five. Peace On Earth is wonderful. Surrender meant a lot at the time and revives good memories. Now I know how it feels to have some of my favs dissed. Serves me right for slating Bullet. But I still say that it is the pits live and should be dropped. It HAS TO GO!!!
PS Is the song not called, "Elvis Presley and America" ?

Muggsy said:
i don't like:

** red light
** Grace

IMO One Tree Hill is one of their best songs. What reasons (apart from nah....) do you have for disliking it so much? Just interested like....

Dalton said:
U2 Guy, the last half of JT is great to ....ahh... have relations to.

Try that and MOTD will have a whole new spin.

Every time I hear MOTD I get heartache for the families of those who were tortured and killed in Argentina. It's really a very mournful, emotional song.

It's not really a song that I would think to have "relations" to. Different... umm... "strokes".... for different folks, I guess. :p

Night and Day, on the other hand--that's a song that you can really "relate" to.

Hey NYC! Yeah, I'm guilty of letting other things get in the way of this place. With the new album and all the buzz... well, I guess I'm crawling back.

I'm happy to see that some of the old gang is still around!

I'm consistently confused and amazed by how much space is being devoted on Interference these days to what we DON'T like about U2. ??? Things are really exciting with the band at this point - getting ready for a tour, new album, etc - and I keep seeing why people hate songs, and why certain songs on the new album suck, etc.

I'm not expecting everyone to be all happy and sunshin-ey all the time, but there seems to be a lot of negativity for no real reason that I can see. Waste of space.

Hey, I AM sunshiney and happy all the time!! It's got to be healthy to not just adore absolutely everything the band does. I can quite happily say "I HATE BULLET THE BLUE SKY!!!" and afew others too...but I also completely adore almost everything else. Of course it's exciting being a U2 fan any time...that doesn't mean 'Love Rescue Me' isn't shite!!!:ohmy:

u2lassie said:
Hey, I AM sunshiney and happy all the time!! It's got to be healthy to not just adore absolutely everything the band does. I can quite happily say "I HATE BULLET THE BLUE SKY!!!" and afew others too...but I also completely adore almost everything else. Of course it's exciting being a U2 fan any time...that doesn't mean 'Love Rescue Me' isn't shite!!!:ohmy:

What she said... :bow:

Miami's the biggest offender in my book.

Does that make me a redneck? :wink:

I can do without Wild Honey & Love Is Blindness. The only U2 song I strongly detest is Staring At The Sun. Never liked it, abhorred it in fact. Since it was the lead for Pop, I didn't buy Pop for over a year after it was released and skipped Popmart altogether. Made me allergic to U2 for a short time. I came back eventually. (obviously)

I'm shocked at how many dislike Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World. That and Where The Streets... are my favorite studio songs by U2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom