U2 Songs that I Hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can live with a U2 catalog excluding: "Even Better than the Real Thing", "In God's Country", "New Year's Day", and the hideous "Lemon" - The group got too Eno-ized with that tune...

There is only one song I can say that I actually HATE and that is:

THE WANDERER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a true U2 song, as Johnny Cash is the main vocals and it was written for him to sing.

Those that I don't like or don't care for include:

UF - Elvis Presley and America
4th July
RH - Love Rescue Me
AB - Acrobat
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
POP - Playboy Mansion and Happiness Is A Warm Gun (B-side)
ATYCLB - Stuck In A Moment and Wild Honey
BEST OF -The Hands That Built America

Re: hatelovehatelovehatelovehatelovehatelove

Indiana Jones said:
"Hate" is the wrong word. There are many songs I like better than others, and certain albums I rarely listen to, but I don't hate any U2 song .... because for every song you hate, someone else loves it.

People on this forum have listed some of my favourite U2 tracks -- Mysterious Ways, SIAM, Wild Honey, the list goes on. Am I wrong to like these songs, or are you wrong to dislike them?

You're definitely wrong to HATE them. Learn to use a thesaurus, people, and think about the words you use. I'm getting sick of lazy wordsmiths always saying, "I hate this song", or "this album is crap". It makes you out to be a boring boor. I'd hate to think there were immature, intolerant and boorish U2 fans out there.
:wink:
Hear! Hear! I agree.. I cringe whenever I hear someone say, "I hate so and so, especially about celebrities, music artists, etc." It's just in bad taste. Do you know this individual personally?
Anyway, I love Wild Honey, it was one of my faves from All that... (sorry, but I HATE anachronisms, :p ) and I'm surprised some people think it's not a good album! I used to dislike Bullet, but it's kinda grown on me, but I still don't care for When Love Comes... sorry B.B.
But I love Mysterious..., Even Better... October (the song), Two Hearts..., Etc...
I also am incapable of being brief, sorry! (I'm a writer)

I don't HATE these. I'd like to refer to them as my "skip-over" songs.

Playboy Mansion
Miami

New York
Peace on Earth
Grace

Angel of Harlem is O.K., but I can't help thinking about Bono singing it on the Rattle and Hum DVD, and then it is redeemed in my mind somehow. :shrug:

The word "hate" doesn't share space in a sentence with U2 for me, but least favorite and, as somebody said, "skip-over" songs would be the second half of Joshua Tree, excluding Mothers of the Disappeared. Also, Bullet, and portions of the fly era.

riverfari

4th of July
Staring at the Sun, that bug in ur ear thing makes me cringe 2 this day
Indian Summer Sky
Drowning Man
Into the Heart *I think it's kinda useless that itz seperate from An Cat Dubh*
Love is Blindness
and the album version of Elevation *the Tomb Raider Mix is just loads better IMO*

djerdap said:

Say what? Surprised? One of the best live songs ever! Essential U2 rock song!

There are two U2 songs I really hate: that godawful Love Rescue Me and Grace. Especially the first one. I wanna smash the s
speakers when I hear that. :mad: :mad: :mad:

No way djerdap!!Bullet is well overdone now!! "See it driving nails into the souls on the tree of pain." Eh?? Come again Bono?? I have to agree with you about Love Rescue Me however! Yeuch!

Disagree. You know why? This is the element of U2 that I appreciate the most. The way they change the songs throughout the tours. I don't know any other band who does these kind of changes. Just compare Bullet versions from 1987, 1992, 1997 and 2001. Totally different, equally good. And I'm looking forward hearing the 2005 version(in combo with Love and Peace, hopefully. :drool:).

U2 songs I dislike

I don't like the Rattle & Hum album, but it has some great ones (Desire, Angel of Harlem, All I Want Is You, Heartland). I really dislike the cover of All Along the Watchtower; I also dislike God Pt. 2. and When Love Comes to Town.

I don't like much of October, either, but when in the right mood, October is great...

POP is atrocious. Some nuggets are okay, like Playboy Mansion, Staring at the Sun, and...I think that's it.

ATYCLB has lots of filler/bad songs: elevation, stuck in a moment, peace on earth, new york. I like In a Little While, but it sounds like a B-side.

This new album, HTDAAB, is pretty solid. I like it a lot; I for one think it is the best work by U2 since Achtung Baby. Some songs are stronger than others, for sure, but it is still better than anything since Achtung. That's not to say that it is as good as Achtung or JT, but it comes in a notch below IMHO.

"Freeway like a river cuts through this land....into the side of love. Like a burning spear....":drool:

My fave U2 of all time.

and now you will slag it!....:sad:
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom