U2 should pinch one idea from the Summer Olympics 2008 opening ceremony....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asr

Acrobat
for thier next stadium tour. That is the screens going around the stadium that are attached to the inner rim of the stadium top. In other words, screens above the entire upper balconies where the walls usually are. :drool:

U2 would REALLY have to sell out to pay for that.

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb You Can't Leave Behind (Africa) :drool:

I was thinking the same thing actually. And The Edge could borrow the LED lights on his fretboard from one of Steve Vai's guitars.

U2 could turn their concerts into a trippy rave party!

They'd need to shape the stage like a giant Astrovan to do it the right way.

That'd be amazing, but again unless they did an extended run at one stadium, like Wembley, it wouldn't be feasible for a tour.

I thought of this while I was watching the opening ceremony... they should utilize the scrim, torch, and flying-rope system to create the best, most information-overload-y version of The Fly ever, with Edge on fire, flying around the stadium.

:drool:

wasn't there some early idea on popmart for each fan to be given a LED-hat of some sort upon entering the stadium where bono could control waves of lights with some kind of "magic" gloves he was wearing? Like the hats on the fans would light up when bono waved his hands in their general direction?

I swear I remember this...

Back
Top Bottom