U2 On Top Of The Pops-the Verdict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinn77

The Fly
The video was not shown, it was the recording from HQ. The production quality was still high. U2 perfomed infront of what can only be described as a textured silver wall. The band was illuminted by the obligatory strobe light. It was a playback perfromance, not live, that happens 2 weeks today on the show, frickin cool. Bono and the Edge really tore into the performance, Adam was his usual cool, laconic self and Larry was well........Larry. Will say he was reserved for the sake of politeness. Kicked ass!!!!!

Re: Re: U2 On Top Of The Pops-the Verdict

Czaja said:
Anyone recorded the show????

I did but I doubt if I will keep it. It only lasted for about 1.5 minutes. What's the point in TOTP recording that if they're only gonna show half of it? What a waste of time.

TOTP seemed more interested in making money from people voting by phone for the MOBO's. The ''advert'' for the MOBO's lasted longer than the U2 clip...utter crap!!

Re: Re: Re: U2 On Top Of The Pops-the Verdict

dezmaas said:

I did but I doubt if I will keep it. It only lasted for about 1.5 minutes. What's the point in TOTP recording that if they're only gonna show half of it? What a waste of time.

TOTP seemed more interested in making money from people voting by phone for the MOBO's. The ''advert'' for the MOBO's lasted longer than the U2 clip...utter crap!!

Yeah - I love it how they say 'we went to U2's studio and filmed it' when they obviously did nothing of the sort..!!

First of all I didn't know that top of the pops was still on...I hate living in Canada. Secondly, did anyone record that?

I recorded it, but I don't have a clue on how to put it on the internet. Maybe the TOTP webpage has got it (they've also got low quality clips of older performances of U2, even going back to the eighties). It's at http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp

As far as the Vertigo clip from yesterday goes: it's better than nothing, but it's indeed a shame that they didn't show the whole video. O yeah, it's being repeated sometime tonight, but I don't know the time.

Back
Top Bottom