U2 Apple Commercial...Real?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fake or not it's extremely well done. I love watching it! It's a beautiful text, that has everything to do with U2 and really great editing, perfect choice of images.

It's fake. I don't remember where I read it, or the exact details. But it was made by a U2 fan, after seeing a real Apple commercial with that audio track, which apparently included footage of various innovative/influential people or something, and feeling U2 should have been included.

Just by looking at it, I'm pretty sure it was made using Windows Movie Maker. I recognize some of the effects used.

ImOuttaControl said:

Seriously?

You think Apple, in the early 90s, would devote a commercial entirely to U2, saying how they're the crazy ones, the ones that push the human race forward?

I mean, sure, Apple is prone to hyperbole, but that's just ridiculous. U2 aren't that important in the grand scheme of things.

Here's the actual commercial to prove my point:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dvn_Ied9t4M

ImOuttaControl said:

Quote from the link I posted:

"This video was inspired by Apple Computer's “Think Different” advertising campaign. It showed various people from the 20th century who made a difference, but for some strange reason they forgot U2. So, I made a version of the TV commerical using footage from U2's career."

I mean come on, I don't even think U2 would allow such ridiculous hyperbole!

Back
Top Bottom