This quote got me really excited about the Vertigo video.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radioskugga

The Fly
"There seems to be so much clutter everywhere. Turn on music television and there's big cluttered sets, people walking round with clutter around their necks, great cluttered award shows, so this is our attempt to empty the frame."

- Bono, about the Vertigo video.

It sounds really good, and something that would stand out in the media noise. I hope we get a video that has alot of energy, and that we never again see something from U2 thats remotely near the Stuck in a moment video (US version).

Agreed, I was quite excited by that quote as well. It's premier is tomorrow on CD : UK I believe, so we'll soon see what 'empting the screen' means. It certainly has the potential to being their vest video.

radioskugga said:
I hope we get a video that has alot of energy, and that we never again see something from U2 thats remotely near the Stuck in a moment video (US version).

Hate to go off topic on you, but what was so 'cluttered' about this video (as compared to other ATYCLB videos)? Or low energy? Or what are you referring to anywways?

}:)~

sorry for not being clear.

I just think that Stuck in a moment is the worst U2 video ever (i talk about the one with the football game, and that cute little story about that kid that missed his kick etc), it is corny and pointless. When i listen to the directors commentary on the bestof dvd i get scared... amateur.

The video doesn't suck because it was cluttered, don't think it was specifically, it was just really bad.

:rant:: done.

re: Stuck video... i'd sure call it cluttered.. all those fancy computer football hype things, business etc. now clutter's not necessarily a bad thing... the video sucks on its own merits ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom