The Fly vs Acrobat vs UTEOTW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which of these 3 songs is the best?

• Acrobat

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • The Fly

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Until The End Of The World

Votes: 37 41.6%

• Total voters
any of you heard the new oasis album ? it was posted on interference yesterday

Habib said:
any of you heard the new oasis album ? it was posted on interference yesterday

Nope the links were down, somehow I don't think it has much to do with this thread though:wink:

ZeroDude said:

Nope the links were down, somehow I don't think it has much to do with this thread though:wink:

Why do statements have to be related to each other ? This is going against the message, the gospel of zoo tv. random bits of information, not necessairly related, creating an image of overload, therby blurring the lines of contemporary life.

:larry:

a nice 'trinity' of tracks to place in the middle of a compilation. [my order of favourite as well]

1. Acrobat
2. The Fly (Live in Boston- Elevation 2001)
3. Until the End of the World - (Live in Dublin Zoo TV 1993)

so there. :)

That was painstaking. I ummed and aaahed over Until the End of the World and Acrobat for something like ten minutes. I think UTEOTW has the slight edge musically. Lyrically, all three are just THE perfect specimans of what good music should be.
Makes me thankful that we live in a world where all three (and the rest) can all be listened to and loved :D

it feels so arbitrary -
i'm choosing acrobat right now for no other reason than that it's first alphabetically. great poll, it's pretty mindblowing to think that one band could be responsible for 3 such songs, then realize that they're all on the same record, then realize what else is on that record (so cruel, one, ultraviolet, etc...), then realize all the other song's they're responsible for...
damn, they're good!:drool:

Until The End Of The World. It's my all-time favourite.

But if I prefer Acrobat to The Fly? I'm not sure. Studio-wise, I do, but the Elevation versions of The Fly is about as great as U2 can possibly get. On the other hand, Acrobat is studio and it takes me higher than almost every U2 song. Gee I dunno. Three best Achtung songs...

1. Until The End Of The World
2. Acrobat
3. The Fly

Come on Acrobat! You can do it!

(There will be a head-to-head vote after 2 winners from this round have clearly been established. I will let the poll run another day. I did not set a time limit on the poll so I'll just say that after another 24 hours or so, we'll move on to the finals.)

-Miggy

The Fly, because that song/video came out and blew away the first 10 years of U2 and replaced it with the next era. All of them are brilliant, but The Fly was the the groundbreaking type brilliance this band is all about.

elevation622 said:
The Fly, because that song/video came out and blew away the first 10 years of U2 and replaced it with the next era. All of them are brilliant, but The Fly was the groundbreaking type brilliance this band is all about.

exactly, my friend, exactly.

and it's easily the best of the lot as well

If U2 were playing Until on this tour and not The Fly... I honestly think that they're scores would be reversed.

But if anything these fragmented scores show the great love, respect and adoration for Achtung Baby on these boards...and thats a great thing.:drool:

Back
Top Bottom