stoopid question maybe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tomer

Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
was there evera tour for zooropa?
or even better: could you give me a list with each album and the tour that belonged to it

thank you

That's not a stupid question! :)

Zooropa was the Euro version of ZooTV late in the ZooTV tour. I believe "Zooropa" the album was released during that tour.

I hope that's right!

i always thought zootv was for Achtung Baby
but the zooropa tour was called zooropa and only in europe if i get it right then?

Yes, you are right. Sort of. ;) The whole tour U2 did in 1992-1993 can be called the Zoo TV Tour. However, some of the legs had different names. Here's a breakdown of it:

Leg 1 (North America, February - April 1992): Zoo TV
Leg 2 (Europe, May - June 1992): Zoo TV
Leg 3 (North America, August - November 1992): Zoo TV Outside Broadcast
Leg 4 (Europe, May - August 1993): Zooropa
Leg 5 (Australasia, November - December 1993): Zoomerang (in Australia), New Zooland (in New Zealand) and Zoo TV Japan (guess where they called it that ;))

C ya!

Marty

thanks Marty
did they record zooropa whilst touring?

Well, as you can see there was a break in touring between November 1992 and May 1993. They recorded large part of the album during that break. However, the Zooropa Tour (that was named this way before work on the album had even started) began before they had finished it, so at the beginning of the Zooropa Tour they were touring and recording. The album was released on 3 July (IIRC), so during the tour with the same name.

C ya!

Marty

:up:

you're really helpful Marty and Angel
thanks

Back
Top Bottom