Spanish-speaking Interferencers--I need a band name!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kerc

The Fly
Any suggestions? SO far I've got:

- Sol S?ptimo
- Inercia
- S?tano
- Salida
- Gravedad Cero

So far, the one I like the most is "Sol S?ptimo". It's the name of a chord, so it has a musical reference. It could also be referred to as the seventh sun (whatever that is!). Finally, it can be abbreviated as "G7" for artistic purposes.

What do you all think? By the way, we are sounding right now more or less like a Nirvana/Radiohead/Soda Stereo mix, without manic depression.
biggrin.gif

?Ay?denme!

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
La intriga de lo incierto
No temas y busca lo nuevo
S?lo empieza desde cero

I really like Sol Septimo. It's original and Cool. I doubt I could come up with a better name than that. Although I've always like the name "Los Rancheros Del Norte"
smile.gif

By the way, Soda Stereo Sucks. I had some Argentinian friends who told me I should liten to them cause they were amazing. They sound like a ripoff of the very early U2. Except with crap music and crap lyrics. But that's just my opinion.

Have you listened to the Soda Stereo album "Dynamo"? It is pretty good stuff, very different from anything else from Soda. In fact, that's the Soda sound we are similar to. Also, my voice is very similar to Gustavo Cerati's.

Thanks for replying!

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
S?lo empieza desde cero

Hey Kerc. I've listened to every Soda Stereo Song out there. I jsut don't like it. I'm one of the few though, cause I know they are very popular in Latin America.

Anyways, good luck with your band. And I hope you take "sol septimo" as your band name.

Hey Kerc, you must know this. There seems to be this hatred towards Mana in the rock en espanol community. Why is this? Is it because they appeared in a beer commenrcial? Or is there more it than that? Anyone know?

Thanks! As soon as we record our demo, I'll put the songs up on MP3.com...

I think it's because there are bands that are wayyyy more talented than them and aren't getting the same media exposure as them. They're kinda sellouts.

I personally think that they are good, but not that good. The guitarist sucks big time. The only one I think it's outstanding is the drummer. He can really carry a beat!

I prefer Caifanes, Gustavo Cerati, and a few local Puertorican bands like Puya.

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
S?lo empieza desde cero

[This message has been edited by kerc (edited 11-27-2001).]

hi!
I don?t like Sol Septimo...cos it sounds like "the seventh sun"...I think that if you want to say the chord G7 (I like this one...G7) it would have to be ..Sol en septima...
good luck

Jordi, that's the idea--the ambiguity. You can also call that chord "Sol S?ptima" or "Sol S?ptimo", not necessarily "Sol en S?ptima"...

biggrin.gif

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
S?lo empieza desde cero

Back
Top Bottom