some things you know ARE wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lost poet

I no longer believe. After reading all the stuff in "Don't Expect, Suggest" I'm now more than 95% convinced 'The Edge' is not the real thing, and neither is the band interview or the Ask The Edge Q&A.

But don't take my word for it, please - look for yourself and make up your own mind. I could be wrong.

Let's not have a flood of replies, please. I won't be looking, and this thread will probably be moved, anyway. I just wanted to put this here on the main board before anyone else gets hurt.

lost poet
Poems at www.arach.net.au/~huxtable/janet/proximity

Edgegate - like that!

Hmm.. if its all been a bogus trip for the past few weeks, then imho, it does undermine credibility of this site quite considerably - whether the powers that be knew about it or not - I would imagine enough background checks etc would have been done to ensure The Edge was who he said he was, rather than someone in Chicago as the thread in Don't Suggest... implies...

As a non-paying member, I guess I have less to be worried about than some others....

DrTeeth said:
How many of these threads do we actually need? :eyebrow:
:eyebrow:

I guess as long as there is a great number of people using this website who have not read any proper explanations/answers, OR where the thread has not been closed, where we have NOT been given the chance to voice our opinion, then I guess we will need lots of these threads.

Party Boy said:
:eyebrow:

I guess as long as there is a great number of people using this website who have not read any proper explanations/answers, OR where the thread has not been closed, where we have NOT been given the chance to voice our opinion, then I guess we will need lots of these threads.

Yep, that just about covers it. :up:

everyone sounds so traumatized
lets try not to forget your a human being with a will of your own in front of your computer ...maybe get up take the dog for a walk eat a bowl of captain crunch , try on hats or put on your dancing pants get drunk and pretend to be a rock star in the privacy of your own room . ANYTHING to get over the trauma of officially the real Edge not actually being Edge doggonit.....

carrieluvv said:
lets try not to forget your a human being with a will of your own in front of your computer ...maybe get up take the dog for a walk eat a bowl of captain crunch , try on hats or put on your dancing pants get drunk and pretend to be a rock star in the privacy of your own room . ANYTHING to get over the trauma of officially the real Edge not actually being Edge doggonit.....

Hey, you know me too well! Have been doing all those things for the past 10 years!!

Not traumatised at all, just slightly miffed really... whats the point in having a site where Everything you know is Wrong... this forum does seem like the right place to discuss the whole shambles! What i would like to know is who answered my question (twas not a bad answer btw...)

carrieluvv said:

Oh I'm not traumatized or even that surprised really, dissapointed and disgusted are more like it.
As someone who paid for my premium membership and two others, and donated extra for the server issues, I think I have a right to feel even traumatized.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

i think it was the Matchbox Twenty fan forum on the offical MB20 site that thought he band members posts were fake also. We'll they turned it to be really them.

bono_man2002 said:
i think it was the Matchbox Twenty fan forum on the offical MB20 site that thought he band members posts were fake also. We'll they turned it to be really them.

Key words: official MB20 site.

Three things that are troubling:

1) Money is taken by this server. I know of several people that paid for premium memberships shortly after 'The Edge' started pos(t)ing. I myself was a premium member that had lapsed, and renewed my membership to be able to search for Edge's posts. Call me dumb if you want, but this whole thing looks bad.

2) Mods who were also questioning 'The Edge's' authenticity had their mod powers removed. That is not the appropriate action to skepticism except perhaps in a totalitarian state. :heart: Slomey and Angie.

3) It has been days and days and days since the whole thing started, and nothing has been answered or cleared up. Frankly, I would not renew my membership here next year because I am not certain that funds are being used appropriately.

That said, I very much appreciate the idea and work that has gone into Interference. I enjoy the community, and posting in IO. However, I now also doubt the integrity of those involved.

While I'm not sure if it was The Edge or not, I do find it interesting that the Boys Play Rock and Roll area is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom