Rest of U2 Survivor: THE SHOWDOWN - Round 15 ... now with poll!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Criteria was not being on a Best Of but it technically was on a Best Of....1990-2000 in the UK and probably elsewhere.

Criteria is what was on the REGULAR PRESSINGS of Best Ofs. Not what was on special pressings. If you go by special editions, One Tree Hill and Smile are also out too.

Yeah, I know the rules/criteria... I guess I'm still boggled at the choices the band made about what they included and left off those best-ofs.

Criteria is what was on the REGULAR PRESSINGS of Best Ofs. Not what was on special pressings. If you go by special editions, One Tree Hill and Smile are also out too.

Yar. I know that. Technically, we'll end up with a completely non-compilation track in third place ("ASOH" or "Zooropa") so everyone's satisfied.

Hmm. Just got to thinking. We should probably have had all of the second place finishers from each album in this poll just to get a rank. I'm sure another AB track would've made Top 5, same for a JT track. Since it's too late for that, perhaps it would be fun to have a runoff set of polls for the runner-ups for each album?

The Fly is not going to win.

"A Sort Of Homecoming" is in the same league as "One Tree Hill". Nearly half the voters in this poll voted against ASOH. If that doesn't tell me they want "The Fly" to win, I don't know what does.

Hmm. Just got to thinking. We should probably have had all of the second place finishers from each album in this poll just to get a rank. I'm sure another AB track would've made Top 5, same for a JT track. Since it's too late for that, perhaps it would be fun to have a runoff set of polls for the runner-ups for each album?

I definitely agree with this, but that would have been lengthy and it's too late.

Maybe we should have done something like the way the democrats in some states distribute weighted delegates, districts with more dem voters get more delegates regardless of overall population. so albums that people like better get more songs in the final regardless of the fact that each is one album. we'd have had to have somehow guaged this, though.

Looks like ASOH's gone. Definitely an anti-80s bias, especially with OTH in 2nd!

Zooopa. Nothing's gonna save ASOH but I've never liked it as much as it seems the rest of the fandom does.

The Fly live, sure, is nice. But The Fly studio? Atrocious!

What? No way can I agree with that! :lol:

Sure, the Elevation tour Fly was awesome but nothing can re-create the magic of the album version for me... fake intro and all. :drool: :combust:

Anyway, I'm sure we all love all the songs left anyway. I don't care which one wins.

well..... would you still call it 90's bias if I were to say that I love more of U2's 80's tunes than 90's tunes, but of the one 80's tune that is left, I like it less than those two 90's songs??

(I think that might be what intedomine is trying to say? That's how it is for me.)

well..... would you still call it 90's bias if I were to say that I love more of U2's 80's tunes than 90's tunes, but of the one 80's tune that is left, I like it less than those two 90's songs??

(I think that might be what intedomine is trying to say? That's how it is for me.)

No. But there's plenty on this forum that would be rooting for the AB or Zooropa track to win this whether it be Wild Horses, Acrobat or Dirty Day, etc...maybe they wouldn't have won over "One Tree Hill" but those sort of voters still would've voted out "A Sort Of Homecoming" right now. Part of the annoyance is Zoo friggin' tv. Yes, it was a fantastic tour but that doesn't suddenly elevate those albums. Achtung Baby's cd doesn't come with the fantastic future is now visuals and attitude.

well yeah. we can't control what others are thinking or being influenced by, but we were supposed to base our votes on the studio songs alone, so hopefully most of us are doing that. Unfortunately ASOH is one of the FEW 80's songs I don't love the studio version of! (the reason I voted it off here) And I do love OTH... but I don't think I like it as much as the other 2 songs here :( I wish another song would have made it I guess.
Ok now I'm grumpy :grumpy:

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom