Rest of U2 Survivor: Rattle and Hum - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Hawkmoon 269

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Heartland

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • God Part II

Votes: 33 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although I worship the live version of Hawkmoon, the studio just isn't as good, so unfortunately, bye bye hawkmoon..

The outro for Hawkmoon fucking rocks, I don't know what youre all talking about. But it gets a vote from me.

And next round I thought Heartland but now Im not so sure, I mean the chorus is magic, but the rest...

Damn. I can't believe Hawkmoon 269 has as much support as it does/God Part II has as little support as it does. To me the former, while good, isn't great, whereas the latter is a bit of sheer U2 genious.

For me, it's a strategic vote. I prefer both Hawkmoon and God Part II over Heartland, but it's quite obvious that Heartland won't lose this one, so I then had to base my vote on Hawkmoon vs. God, and in that scenario, God loses.

Whichever one of those two advances will get my support in the final.

phanan said:
For me, it's a strategic vote. I prefer both Hawkmoon and God Part II over Heartland, but it's quite obvious that Heartland won't lose this one, so I then had to base my vote on Hawkmoon vs. God, and in that scenario, God loses.

Whichever one of those two advances will get my support in the final.

Either that, or it's going to be a tie and Heartland wins.

With reference to the last few polls, there'll probably be about 15 more votes. So really, it's still anyone's game.

The 27 people who voted Hawkmoon need to go back and listen to it again...and then beg forgiveness for their grave error re: their votes :wink:

major_panic said:
GP2. Don't know how we're gonna decide next round if it comes down to Hawkmoon and Heartland...

I'll play Heartland for you until your ears bleed and it becomes the most important thing in your life, so you'll have to kick out Hawkmoon. And unlike most people on Interference, I can probably carry out that threat on you. :wink:

Heartland is one of the best U2 songs. Hawkmoon 269 is one of the best U2 songs on Rattle & Hum. There's a difference! :wink:

the tourist said:
Heartland is one of the best U2 songs. Hawkmoon 269 is one of the best U2 songs on Rattle & Hum. There's a difference! :wink:

Quoted for truth.

Axver said:

Quoted for truth.

Thanks. I thought I was onto something there. Oh and by the way, I'm still in the process of looking for that cd--shows how much I care about it, eh? I don't even know where my copy of my own band's cd is.

Somebody's just a touch disorganised, eh? :wink:

Also, if I'm honest, a tie here would suit me down to the ground.

Axver said:
Somebody's just a touch disorganised, eh? :wink:

Also, if I'm honest, a tie here would suit me down to the ground.

Disorganized yes. Definitely. Ever since my last computer crashed (where all my mp3s were store--and not backed up). But I'm working on it. I've got 170 cds back onto my new computer. Only about 300 to go!

And yes, a tie would be marvelous. Though I'd like it to be known for the record that God Part II is better than Hawkmoon 269!

See, I became so paranoid of my computer crashing that I bought an external hard drive. Surprisingly, my old computer is still actually going! Sometimes it sounds like it's about to die, but it just refuses to.

If the poll were to end now, I'd want to change my vote to God Part II as that'd make it 28 all. But it looks like we've still got about 19 hours to go. Should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom