Rest of U2 Survivor: ATYCLB - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Kite

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • In a Little While

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • When I Look At the World

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • New York

Votes: 42 53.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
In a double elimination on a slippery slope of rule bending, Peace On Earth and Wild Honey both got the boot with 35 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Kite
- In A Little While
- When I Look At The World
- New York

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

As I said when I closed the last poll an hour early:

I love a good double elimination, but I felt funny playing lose with the rules when it wasn't a mercy situation.

So if anyone wants to gripe about it, I'll accept your griping. And if there is griping, then I won't do it again.

That being said, When I Look At the World this time.

Perfectly fine with it. The winner gets mercy-ruled in the next round everytime in those cases.

New York FTL

phillyfan26 said:
The winner gets mercy-ruled in the next round everytime in those cases.

That's a good point; I hadn't thought of it.

I'm not going to close a poll every time there's a tie, though. If it's relatively close to the scheduled end time, I'll go ahead and do it.

I too am glad the round was closed with the tie intact. Any subsequent round with one or the other would have just been a waste of time.

As for this round, I fear a pack of cretins are about to descend on WILATW, so I'm going to hold off on voting for IALW. If WILATW is safe, I'll go IALW. If not, I'll vote New York. I seriously question the hearing and intelligence of anybody who prefers IALW to WILATW.

Axver said:
I seriously question the hearing and intelligence of anybody who prefers IALW to WILATW.

: pats the Axver on his head :

Oh, Axver. You so crazy.

Axver said:
I too am glad the round was closed with the tie intact. Any subsequent round with one or the other would have just been a waste of time.

As for this round, I fear a pack of cretins are about to descend on WILATW, so I'm going to hold off on voting for IALW. If WILATW is safe, I'll go IALW. If not, I'll vote New York. I seriously question the hearing and intelligence of anybody who prefers IALW to WILATW.

holdon.gif

smack.gif

I guess I wasn't as kind as cori :wink:

Well, I was going to say that I question the sanity, but most of you are proudly insane, so that wouldn't have really worked. :wink:

I haven't listened to WILATW in a while. I'll give that and IALW a listen before I vote next round.

Um, I know I'm asking this because I haven't paid any attention to these polls, but why did this one start with a bunch of the songs already missing from the voting? Were they deemed by someone to be too "good" to be least favourite, or what?

Please read the first post in the thread - each new poll starts with the criteria stated in the initial post.

corianderstem said:
Please read the first post in the thread - each new poll starts with the criteria stated in the initial post.

Ah, I see...the fine print that distinguishes this poll from the 3,417 that have gone before.

No offence to anyone, but man, this place is getting more desperate by the day.

biff said:
Ah, I see...the fine print that distinguishes this poll from the 3,417 that have gone before.

No offence to anyone, but man, this place is getting more desperate by the day.

Oh, for shit's sake. No one's making you hang out in this poll. We're having fun.

Sorry if we're getting in the way of your moaning about how desperate Interference has become.

No offense, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom