Rest of U2 Survivor: ATYCLB - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Kite

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • In a Little While

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Wild Honey

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Peace On Earth

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • When I Look At the World

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • New York

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Grace

Votes: 31 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Please was the winner off Pop.

On to All That You Can't ... ugh, I'm too lazy. On to ATYCLB!

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Kite
- In A Little While
- Wild Honey
- Peace On Earth
- When I Look At The World
- New York
- Grace

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

It just has to be Peace On Earth for me.

You'd think with a subject so near and dear to their heart, it would be a perfect choice of song topic for U2. I really wanted to hear what they had to say musically about peace on earth.

And we got THIS?????

Great idea, horribly executed. Trite lyrics, not great musically, and I'm left with the image of Bono swinging a giant tree trunk at his enemies.

Ground Beneath Her Feet is in the "Non-Album tracks 00-07" group, so will come later.

The Fly was included in AB even though it was a bonus track on the Japan release of one of the best-ofs, or something like that.

Axver came up with the master list, and I'm sure he was consistent with whatever the rules were.

I want to vote for New York, Peace on Earth, and Grace, and maybe also Wild Honey. So I will wait and see which one needs my help to tie. I could live without the back half of ATYCLB which is too bad; there's some really great b-sides plus TGBHF.

unico said:
oh okay, so we're doing only U.S. albums then? bc it was on the UK album. i guess this is a good rule to establish to be consistent for the next album survivor.

We're going by standard pressings, and the standard pressing didn't come with TGBHF. Only a few countries got it as a bonus track - which is a shame, as I think it's an awesome closer.

And for this poll, IALW has got to die.

This album:

1. Kite
Beautiful Day
Walk On

2. In a Little While
3. When I Look at the World
4. New York
Elevation
5. Grace
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
6. Peace on Earth
7. Wild Honey

corianderstem said:
It just has to be Peace On Earth for me.

You'd think with a subject so near and dear to their heart, it would be a perfect choice of song topic for U2. I really wanted to hear what they had to say musically about peace on earth.

And we got THIS?????

Agreed. :up:

unico said:
sorry my bad. i was just curious.

No sorry needed, dear. :)

All you people voting Wild Honey. :tsk: At least the song is what it was supposed to be - a silly little throwaway.

It's not like they set out to be profound and failed miserably, like with another song I could name but won't.

*coughpeaceonearthcough*

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Anything involving monkeys swinging from trees should never, NEVER be on a U2 album.

:lmao:

Wild Honey got my vote, too. There's so much of ATYCLB that I hate...it's going to be more a matter of which songs I hate most. Kite ought to win this one by a landslide.

Wild Honey is way worse than anything else!

Goooooal isssssssssssss soullll
love meeeeeeeeeee give me sooooooooul

:huh: Awful!

You're more generous than I am. I usually treat ATYCLB like an EP, because I only have the first six tracks on my iPod. It's been years since I've listened to anything after In A Little While.

Zootlesque said:
Wild Honey is way worse than anything else!

Goooooal isssssssssssss soullll
love meeeeeeeeeee give me sooooooooul

Oh my god, is that really what he's saying in that part of the song, or are you just making an educated guess based on what it sounds like and Bono's fascination with goals and souls?

Because if that's really what he's saying, it makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

But it's still better than PoE.

corianderstem said:

Oh my god, is that really what he's saying in that part of the song, or are you just making an educated guess based on what it sounds like and Bono's fascination with goals and souls?

Because if that's really what he's saying, it makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

Actually it turns out, he says "what is soul" but that WTF-worthy second line is still correct...

http://lyrics.interference.com/u2/lyrics/albums/all-behind/wild-honey.html

:wink:

Wild Honey is great! I don't know where all the hate comes from...

It's the rare, carefree U2 song that just stands out from the usual. Many times have I performed this song for friends and it's their favorite among all the U2 songs I play.

I always think I like this album, but when I look at the list of songs, there's just so much on it that's just plain old mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom