Red rocks details...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
01:21:23:16 U2 - LIVE AT RED ROCKS - "UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY" (FEATURE)
01:21:23:16 U2 - LIVE AT RED ROCKS - "UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY" (FEATURE WITH COMMENTARY)
00:08:25:09 UNTITLED (FEATURETTE)

interesting..............

What's idiotic is they're counting the feature and feature with commentary as two distinct running times, totaling 172 minutes or something. This is not the norm, and misleads people into thinking it's a lot more feature than it really is. A commentary, though welcome, is not big deal and does not add to the running time.

Still, it's the least the band can do to give some bonus features for what surely will cost as little as $26 and will likely cost $35, if not more.

I'm still disappointed in the insult that is the War remaster deluxe edition. Who does The Edge think he's kidding?

As atu2.com points out the VHS running time is 55 minutes. So this is the full show at 1h 21+ mins ?

As atu2.com points out the VHS running time is 55 minutes. So this is the full show at 1h 21+ mins ?

I don't have the audio bootleg on me at the moment, but if it's not the full show, it's bloody close. The full show only just fails to fit on one 80 minute CD.

At the risk of looking stoopit, whats the beef here?:hmm:

The "bonus" disc:

Endless Deep
Angels Too Tied To The Ground (Previously Unreleased Track)
New Year's Day (7" Single Edit)
New Year's Day (Usa Remix)
New Year's Day (Ferry Corsten Extended Vocal Mix)
New Year's Day (Ferry Corsten Vocal Radio Mix)
Two Hearts Beat As One (Long Mix)
Two Hearts Beat As One (Usa Remix)
Two Hearts Beat As One (Club Version)
Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop)

I don't have the audio bootleg on me at the moment, but if it's not the full show, it's bloody close. The full show only just fails to fit on one 80 minute CD.

Ah, maybe that Send in the clowns snippet in Electric Co will be missing. And Let's twist again in Two hearts beat as one.

The 4th album will probably be UF.:applaud:

The 4th slot might actually just be for the already-released Joshua Tree 2-disc set.

I'm still wondering how they'll do a 2-disc set for Under a Blood Red Sky. Yes, they could put the entire Red Rocks show on there, but that would render the original album obsolete since only three tracks were from Red Rocks. Hmmm.

What's idiotic is they're counting the feature and feature with commentary as two distinct running times, totaling 172 minutes or something. This is not the norm, and misleads people into thinking it's a lot more feature than it really is. A commentary, though welcome, is not big deal and does not add to the running time.

Still, it's the least the band can do to give some bonus features for what surely will cost as little as $26 and will likely cost $35, if not more.

I'm still disappointed in the insult that is the War remaster deluxe edition. Who does The Edge think he's kidding?

It would be if the one with commentary is an entirely different cut of the concert wouldn't it?

Dana

A hard case that fits four sets. Since they are eventually going to do all the remasters then you would end up with four set groupings.

Boy, October, War, UF
JT, R&H, AB, Zooropa
Pop, ATYCLB, Bomb, New Album or Passengers, Pop, ATYCLB, Bomb

Dana

That's doubtful...I think if you add two 80 minute features (both the same show only one has commentary) and then you add a 10 minute documentary...whaddaya have...a 170 minute DVD...:yes:

But didn't someone just say that the original VHS was 55 minutes? Then one 55 minute feature, one 80 minute feature with commentary leaving 36 minutes for another featurette.

Dana

But didn't someone just say that the original VHS was 55 minutes? Then one 55 minute feature, one 80 minute feature with commentary leaving 36 minutes for another featurette.

Dana

But the original was not the complete show. This, I gather from time length, will be the original uncut show.

I hope.

This could be down right magical and the 4th slot has to be for the UABRS master later on. The box set would actually save me $30 or so over buying the 3 dlx separately. I need some $$$$$ plus with the tour next year!! :drool::hyper::applaud::applaud::hyper::love::drool:

51HQZG0FiEL._SS500_.jpg

picture up at amazon

Yes, the "other" set is the Joshua Tree, as I predicted. Man, that is one cool looking box set, though. And it's actually cheaper to buy the boxed set than to buy all three albums seperately.

Back
Top Bottom