Red rocks details...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing I hope is that the UF remaster will be the same size and fit in the box since I bought the big JT Super Deluxe one...

I agree. I bought the JT Super Deluxe and now I almost wish I had just the 2-disc version to fit in the boxed set! :(

My guess is that all future 2-disc sets will have the same packaging, though, so I think we're safe. The UABRS remaster in August just might fit in that space.

51HQZG0FiEL._SS500_.jpg

picture up at amazon

This is an EXCLUSIVE Amazon promotion...so my Best Buy cards will not work to pick this up...:sigh:

Commentary :drool:

I'm still disappointed in the insult that is the War remaster deluxe edition. Who does The Edge think he's kidding?

Maybe they don't have any more to put on? :shrug:

The only thing I hope is that the UF remaster will be the same size and fit in the box since I bought the big JT Super Deluxe one...

:drool: How good would that be.....

For the Aussies, nothing so far about Red Rocks, but some info/prices for the three remasters...

Sanity- (Standard edition $29.99 each/ Deluxe edition $64.99 each- similar prices at Big W)
Boy - U2 / BOY: 2CD - Sanity.com.au - More Movies - More Music
October - U2 / OCTOBER: 2CD - Sanity.com.au - More Movies - More Music
War - U2 / WAR: 2CD - Sanity.com.au - More Movies - More Music

JB HI-FI- (Deluxe edition $54.99 each)
Boy - Music Games DVDs at JB HIFI Australia)
October - Music Games DVDs at JB HIFI Australia)
War - Music Games DVDs at JB HIFI Australia)

so that box set thingy is not for the sets including dvds, just the 2 cd sets? That bites. If I'm going to buy the new remasters I'm going to go ahead and get the dvd sets. Grr.

edited to say: why did I think there were going to be super deluxe versions including dvds, like the JT one? I was mistaken, at least according to U2. com. Dang.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only versions that have been announced thus far are audio only.

Drat.

U2 tour.de says, according to Universal, Under a blood red sky remaster and Red rocks DVD will be out on September 19.

I too hope that Under a blood red sky will fit in as the 4th, bought the JT box with DVD.

Defintely getting the Boy Deluxe.......despite the price.

War is hard to justify except for the unheard song and a copy of Treasure on CD, while October might have to wiat just cause of the funds.

I too hope that Under a blood red sky will fit in as the 4th, bought the JT box with DVD.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for JT to fit into that slot. That's pretty dumb for at least a few different reasons.

Now that I look at that photo more closely, that fourth set might not be the Joshua Tree after all. The "real" 2-disc JT set has a completely black spine, and the one in the photo has some sort of black and white picture on the spine. Hmmm. I can't imagine that being the UABRS color scheme, though, so maybe it's just a mockup.

I bet the fourth item in the picture is just a cardboard filler. Unless it's some kind of surprise...? :hmm:

I've already had $90 set aside for a while to buy all three seperately, but now I only need $63.99! Maybe I should set the remainder aside for the super deluxe edition of the new album!

On Amazon, it says something like "... room for a 4th disc (not included)" which makes me think they'll be releasing something down the line that will fit in there. A remastered UABRS CD would make sense, particularly since that's coming out just a few months later.

On Amazon, it says something like "... room for a 4th disc (not included)" which makes me think they'll be releasing something down the line that will fit in there. A remastered UABRS CD would make sense, particularly since that's coming out just a few months later.

we already discussed this earlier in the thread, the picture on Amazon looks like the JT special edition but we are hoping the upcoming UABRS or UF remasters will fit as well...

Says U2 valencia: La edición remasterizada de "Under A Blood Red Sky" saldrá a la venta definitivamente el 23 de Septiembre de 2008 en Espańa. La información está contrastada con Universal Music Spain.

El contenido todav?a no se ha confirmado, pero habrá edición en CD y DVD con el concierto de Red Rocks. Algunos rumores apuntan a que el DVD vendrá con el concierto completo, pues en la edición en VHS no viene as?..

So that's a release on 23 Sep in Spain, as said by Universal Spain right ? There's a CD and DVD edition, but I'm not sure on that VHS bit...

I pre-ordered the box yesterday. It's was actually on the #5 spot in Amazon's Bestseller list. How good is that!

Folks, it should be pretty obvious that the fourth slot---for the disc that the description says is "not included"---is filled in the picture and real life by either a piece of foam or cardboard. They're not going to give you the box set with a gaping hole there so that your discs lean and slide back and forth, and they're not going to give us an as-yet-unannounced remaster as a surprise already in the box. We know that everything's going to be remastered over the next few years...but for now, it's a piece of foam or cardboard. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom