PROPAGANDA HAS LET ME DOWN - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2001, 11:56 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 01:08 PM
PROPAGANDA HAS LET ME DOWN

I just got this email:

Dear Propaganda Member:

Due to the popularity of the floor-General Admission area, we are not able to accommodate all the ticket orders for this price range.
You have two options:
1. A refund (we will return your original form of payment)

2. An Upgrade

If you wish to upgrade to the top price tickets, please carefully read and follow the directions below.

a.) You need a certified check or money order for $85 per ticket, made out to:
Propaganda
Po Box 2672
Bala Cynwyd Pa

b.) You must e-mail your reply by Thursday, October 4th @ 6PM Eastern Standard Time. You must state that Chicago is your city of choice.

c.) Your payment must be postmarked by Thurs Oct 4th.

We are sold out of all General Admission tickets for all cities and dates on this tour.

Best Regards,
Propaganda

thank god i got ga tickets through ticketmaster for at least one show. but i'm still kinda down cause i won't be able to go to both chicago shows. well, i feel bad for anyone who was relying on prop and got screwed cause of them.

Old 10-02-2001, 11:58 PM   #2
the invisible woman

Local Time: 11:08 AM
@ Prop! At least they send yah the form on time!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(.(*. .*).)
.. *Monica*..
(.(.* *.).)

Old 10-02-2001, 11:58 PM   #3
Bad Daddy Johnny

Lets have a cry together.

This sucks.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:03 AM   #4
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:08 PM
This is interesting...two people haven't gottent their GA tickets that they requested, and both of them asked for Chicago. I hope for the majority's sake that this is just a problem with Chicago and not something we'll see popping up in every other city.

Damn that sucks.

*Crosses fingers and hopes to God that I don't get any email from Propaganda*
Old 10-03-2001, 01:01 AM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 06:08 PM
This is not good news.
Old 10-03-2001, 01:03 AM   #6
Refugee

*fears the impending e-mail* Suckage guys. Sorry.

------------------
"All right I'll eat your- eat your shorts?!!"
Old 10-03-2001, 01:07 AM   #7
Den Mother

Location: Well my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between.
Local Time: 10:08 AM
So sorry U2One.
Old 10-03-2001, 01:16 AM   #8
The Fly

*GULP* hope this doesnt happen for vegas...i already have all my reservations and 2 other GAs...me and my friends all need to be together. im thinking since the LV show took a lot longer to sell out (is it even sold out yet?) it wont be a problem...i hope.

alison

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry
Old 10-03-2001, 01:18 AM   #9
The Fly

Please say it ain't so!!!! We are waiting to hear about Chicago tix from Propaganda...
Old 10-03-2001, 03:04 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Yeah well read this thread if you want to really get pissed off.

* still waits by her mailbox ready to destroy it.

------------------
I Hear Voices, Ridiculous Voices
Old 10-03-2001, 03:09 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:08 PM
The demand for these tickets is the highest I have ever seen!....I have never heard of prop not being able to make a request before...but I am hoping that because Chicago could probably play six sold out shows that other places won't have this problem.
Old 10-03-2001, 08:16 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

It seems to be a problem with the 2nd Chicago show only. Most people that requested GA's for the 1st Chicago show from Propaganda got them.

I was at all 4 Chicago shows and what I noticed the last night was that there was ALOT of VIP's and work crew in the heart and on the floor, more so than any other night. I think alot of these people get these tickets at it is U2's last night in Chicago. Not to mention there are only 2 shows this time as opposed to 4 so Propaganda was not able to substitute GA's for different shows as a result. I didnt get GA's for the 2nd show as I had thought, my friend that was getting them through Prop got the same email. But I will be there, where there is a will there is a way. It just probebly wont be on the floor.

They are still offering everyone a ticket though. Its to bad they couldnt offer the $85 ticket or even the $45 nose bleeds as well. Then you would at least have a couple of more economical options.
Old 10-03-2001, 11:06 AM   #13
The Fly

This is not good news...

I received my Prop form on October 1st!.... I was a bit worried by Sept 24th that I had not received my order form so I had U2Prop send me one via email...I sent back the following day using express mail from Canada... I hope that I will get my tickets on time for the Hamilton show... If it takes the tickets as long to get here as it took the prop form then I out of tickets and probably my money.

------------------
Music is Bombastic!
Visit: www.bombasity.com
i am CANADIAN
Old 10-03-2001, 11:19 AM   #14
Babyface

Local Time: 12:08 PM
I had a similar experience last time 'round. I was in a position to be flexible, and told them to just send me whatever GA's they had available to any Elevation show. I ended up with a couple of GA's that I couldn't use, but it's still worth a shot.
Old 10-03-2001, 11:27 AM   #15
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:08 PM
U2One, I'm so sorry! that really sucks. now i'm nervous about the NYC GAs I requested.

Quick question, though: Is there some reason why your order would have been given lower priority? For example, did you send it in late? Or do you not live in the Chicago area?

You should try to request GAs to ANY show- and then trade them for Chicago. There should be fans willing to do this!
Sorry things didn't work out the way you'd hoped. Good luck!
Old 10-03-2001, 02:12 PM   #16
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Swan269:
The demand for these tickets is the highest I have ever seen!....I have never heard of prop not being able to make a request before...but I am hoping that because Chicago could probably play six sold out shows that other places won't have this problem.
The only shows I'd be concerned about are NYC (although 3 shows might make that okay), Vegas (because lots of folks sent in Prop forms thinking it was the last show), and maybe LA closing night.

On the last leg, I think MSG and Florida opening nights were the only ones where I heard of some folks getting the dreaded email instead of the GAs they requested.

Good luck everyone!

Old 10-03-2001, 02:39 PM   #17
Ody
Refugee

booooo....

I requested Vegas and LA3....

hrmmm, well at least I have LA2 and LA1 as alternates....

Prop hasn't let me down....yet
Old 10-03-2001, 09:13 PM   #18
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room:
They are still offering everyone a ticket though. Its to bad they couldnt offer the $85 ticket or even the $45 nose bleeds as well. Then you would at least have a couple of more economical options.
They are offering the $85 seats... but you're right about $45 seats. If they had those, no one would have to send more money. And if they could put people in the front row or two of the uppers, those wouldn't be bad at all.

The only thing I think sucks about this is that on the first leg, when they couldn't give GA's, they sent people GC tickets without asking them to pay more. But maybe there are too many requests this time for them to do that.

I would like to gently remind everyone that Prop is very careful to make it clear from the outset that no one is guaranteed tickets. Yet, while there are *always* incidents of people getting worse tickets than they wanted (I recall during PopMart they gave upper-deck seats in Pittsburgh, though those were close to the stage, and there were the aforementioned GC substitutions on the first leg), I have never heard of Prop leaving someone without any ticket options at all. And even when they can't give you the tickets you want, the tickets they do give you will not leave you swinging in the rafters.

Anyone's odds of doing well with Prop were still far far better than with ticketmaster. And, I think, U2's main goal in offering these tickets is to get all their fans in the door and in decent seats, which they do.

:: I'm still waiting to see how I made out for Baltimore.

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

[This message has been edited by u2zed (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 09:35 PM   #19
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by U2One:
We are sold out of all General Admission tickets for all cities and dates on this tour.
Does this mean that if you haven't gotten your tickets from prop then you get the dreaded email?

Sorry to all, this sucks!

[This message has been edited by blood red edge (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 09:57 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room:
It seems to be a problem with the 2nd Chicago show only.
No.

You can add Hamilton to the list.