only 1 rotten tomato for U2 3D & the reviewer is an idiot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PlaTheGreat said:

:yawn:

Or maybe the reviewer just forgot what they were while writing the review and thought to himself, South American concert, probably South American flags. Why is this such a big deal for you?
Are you the flag curator of a museum? Do you make flags? Are you an African? Are you South American?

I'm running out of ideas as to why this would bother you so much.

I have just realised we can go on an on and we are fighting over cultural differences here.

I think in Europe knowing your flags is more important, proabably comes from school, from watching the football (soccer) world cup etc. etc.

It's not just a big deal, but I am an academic and by nature we tend to be pedantic :nerd: :wink:

I am Italian, btw.

Wha? I must have misunderstood, I thought the beef was about the song that the flags got displayed in, not the type of flag.

But on that point, wasn't it South American flags anyways?? I seem to recall on the Sao Paulo show dvd I have it was South American flags...I could be wrong, maybe it was some other continent? i just remember at one point it wasn't African flags, thats all I'm trying to say....have you seen U2 3D yet? Anyone?

gabrielvox said:
Wha? I must have misunderstood, I thought the beef was about the song that the flags got displayed in, not the type of flag.

whoa... this thread got out of control quick!

my bad... I guess I didn't explain why I thought this was funny!

I have no problem with bad reviews of U2... everyone can think whatever they want... I hate Drowning Man (attack me all you want!)

I was just surprised that on rottentomatoes there was only 1 (and still is only 1) rotten review just because I figured that even people who loath Bono and hate U2 (for whatever reason) would still be blown away by the technology and groundbreaking nature of this film.

So when I checked out the person's review, to try to find out what bugged them about the film, I thought it was funny that he got one of the songs wrong (the flags are during streets, and are indeed south american flags...) that's all!

I got a kick out of it, and I'm sorry if you didn't or you think I am saying that anyone who doesn't want a lapdance from Bono should go to hell!

For those who asked what I emailed him:

> I am sad that you don't realize what a landmark film
> this is, but luckily one
> day (when you are retired and many films have used
> and improved on the
> technology started here), you will look back at your
> review and ask yourself
> "What the hell what I thinking?!"

so obviously I deserved his reply... but I figure that if he really wanted to defend his opinion he would have replied something a bit more constructive (to try to let me understand his point)... I think he just doesn't give a $%&*

and that's fine by me... I just thought it was funny!

(and clearly I have a different sense of humor than a lot of people here!)

I read a review in the paper this morning (Inquirer or Daily News ... I forget) that called U2's hit "Within Or Without You." It praised the film.

Does that make their review illegitimate too?

gabrielvox said:

But on that point, wasn't it South American flags anyways?? I seem to recall on the Sao Paulo show dvd I have it was South American flags...I could be wrong, maybe it was some other continent? i just remember at one point it wasn't African flags, thats all I'm trying to say....have you seen U2 3D yet? Anyone?

You're right. The beef must be with the song not the flags. I just got back and the flags were definately from South America, and you can tell the beginning of Streets where the flags are dropping was a part taken from one of the Brazil shows, (which btw looked awesome).

Bort:

Klaatu, Verada, Nikto.

gort.jpg

Back
Top Bottom