New picture on atu2.com!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
I can't post it though, sorry, not premium member!

From the same photo shoot we saw the other day, with Edge's cross shirt and Larry's 'since 1977' shirt.

This ones in black and white though and Bono is facing the front! very cool! I love all the pics so far, alot better than the early ATYCLB promo shots!

Is it the same one we have on PLEBA?

We've had this one a couple days now :love:

new2-vi.jpg

Last edited:
That is one of the reason I love PLEBA so much -aside from the v. cool people- is that if a member of U2 is photographed by anyone - press, edge's cousin etc - that picture will be on a PLEBA thread days before it hits anywhere else

:wink: we pride ourselves in our obsession. If it's out there, one of us will get it as soon as it hits the net, presses, etc. PLEBA has often beat the news forum to stuff too.

I dont care what people say, the hair looks fine - one of the few men who can genuinely say their hair looks better in his 40's than in his 20's.

U2Kitten said:
Is it the same one we have on PLEBA?

We've had this one a couple days now :love:

new2-vi.jpg

I've noticed this actually credits Corbijn, but I [sarcastically] love the way fansites shove COPYRIGHT 2004 <Insert name of site here> on photos when it's obviously not their photo to begin with...:eyebrow: anyone else have this problem when setting a photo as a desktop??

Last edited:
As far as I know this pic was sent by local Universal representatives in various countries, along with a note about the title and official release dates of album and single.

I like this one much better than the other. B & W pics rule. They look okay to me, especially Edge and Adam.

MT

Larry's plain ugly and bono's hair looks disgusting

nah, i like the coloued photo, they almost always do black and white, but i like the pose and attitude of this one better!

Originally posted by

anyone else have this problem when setting a photo as a desktop??

Try this copy:

u2_vertigo_2004-09-002.jpg

Bono's hair :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
A_Wanderer said:
I dont care what people say, the hair looks fine - one of the few men who can genuinely say their hair looks better in his 40's than in his 20's.

I honestly am at a complete loss to understand the complaints about his hair. :scratch: :shrug: It looks good to me, as a matter of fact it's the best thing about the pictures. I have a problem with Larry's though, it's too short, and Adam's, it's gray and needs to be dyed blond. Bono's is beautiful! :flirt:

Axver said:
Surely Larry knows the shirt should say "Since 1976"?

They've been known as U2 only since 1977. Then again, the shirt could refer to something else entirely...

}:)~

Adam looks cool and charming the way he is. He´s like Charlie Watts, from the Stones. Both went totally grey in their early 40s, and decided to keep on looking natural instead of going for some fake youth look. It´s quite a bold decision, in a world that seems to value young people only, no matter what they really are.

MT

According to U2 history on U2tour.de, the first show of the band with the 4 members that remained until now, by the name of U2, was in 1978.

I think that has more to do with Larry's youthful appearance or the fact he's had very similar haircut over the years.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

I think that has more to do with Larry's youthful appearance or the fact he's had very similar haircut over the years.

I don't personally see Larry as looking any more 'youthful' than the others, but you do have a point there because I have always believed that the reason everyone always says he looks 'young' is not so much that he looks young but that he looks THE SAME. The other 3 have changed, sometimes drastically, their appearance over the years, so we notice that they change. But since Larry has kept mainly the same look over the years, he's still seen as looking like he always did. It's like the old story about how if you lift a cow over the fence every day from the time it's a baby calf it will never seem any heavier to you and you'll be able to do it when it's full grown. I think that's like the Larry phenomenon. If Bono had kept his pretty black hair from the ZOO days all the way through Elevation I don't think anyone would have noticed he'd changed either. It was just the drastic changes in between that drew attention to it.

Everytime I see that picture of Bono I think of the bloke with the long hair from Queer Eye for the straight guy. I don't know why.
:|

Lara Mullen said:
Everytime I see that picture of Bono I think of the bloke with the long hair from Queer Eye for the straight guy. I don't know why.
:|

Somebody started a thread about that on PLEBA! But I still don't see it. Bono's face is much more handsome :yes:

U2Kitten said:

I don't personally see Larry as looking any more 'youthful' than the others, but you do have a point there because I have always believed that the reason everyone always says he looks 'young' is not so much that he looks young but that he looks THE SAME. The other 3 have changed, sometimes drastically, their appearance over the years, so we notice that they change. But since Larry has kept mainly the same look over the years, he's still seen as looking like he always did. It's like the old story about how if you lift a cow over the fence every day from the time it's a baby calf it will never seem any heavier to you and you'll be able to do it when it's full grown. I think that's like the Larry phenomenon. If Bono had kept his pretty black hair from the ZOO days all the way through Elevation I don't think anyone would have noticed he'd changed either. It was just the drastic changes in between that drew attention to it.

:yes:

That's what I meant by youthful - he virtually looks like he did 10 years ago (isn't looking younger than you really are the definition of being youthful?).
He doesn't have the same look clotheswise/hairwise he did in JT or Zoo TV times, but his face hasn't changed nearly as much as the faces of others and he's the only one that I wouldn't say is 40, much less older (if Edge is not wearing a beanie and has a dyed goatee, that is), looking at the pics.

I don't mind Adam having gray hair, personally. Next to Elevation's light-brown color, it's the best.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Somebody started a thread about that on PLEBA! But I still don't see it. Bono's face is much more handsome :yes:

everytime I say someone looks like another person everyone always tells me Im wrong. :laugh:

I am convinced my friend looks like david baddiel (a comedian) and 3 people, including an interferencer have commented on it when they have met him and i havent said anything to them. he is now convinced i tell everyone to say that to him when they meet him though. :|

I was looking at the pictures that were taken whilst doing the video and one was slotted in of Larry with Edge walking between the trailers and his hair is longer than it is on the promo picture. I do honestly think that these pictures were taken earlier this year because Bono's hair doesn't look that colour or isn't that length on the video shoot pictures.

They all look fab but Adam shouldn't dye his hair blonde, his hair looks amazing grey (better in the flesh) he's a cool dude and he can get away with it.

Larry's Lush said:
They all look fab but Adam shouldn't dye his hair blonde, his hair looks amazing grey (better in the flesh) he's a cool dude and he can get away with it.

I agree!

With regards to the other lads, they're all looking very cool. Bono's hair isn't as bad as it was a few months ago, and that's encouraging. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom