MERGED-->U2 and ipod + *custom U2 iPods*+u2 ipod version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
U2 and ipod

this from atu2.com

NEW @U2 THE POD SQUAD?
October 18, 2004
posted by: m2

ThinkSecret.com, a leading source of Apple-related news and rumors, is reporting that the relationship between Apple and U2 may include a U2-themed iPod. "The U2-edition iPod will feature a distinctive enclosure and will come pre-loaded with all the band's major album releases," TS suggests, and says it may cost about $30 more than a standard iPod. Think Secret's sources say the rumored iPod may be released around the same time that U2 releases How To Dismantle and Atomic Bomb.

so glad i havent bought an ipod yet, totally would want this!

the apple/ipod-U2 link is getting stronger and stronger by the day

doctorwho said:
<----- buys StarsGoBlue some Depends for those "emergencies"

:wink:

*wonders if this will start a whole new round of "U2 are sell outs" arguments. :hmm:

I've been feigning for an iPod for the longest time and now that there might a U2 edition...my god. (runs for the bathroom)

If anyone really can call U2 sellouts after having been in the biz for as long as they have....and besides this isn't them hawking for a product really, it's still all bout them. Naysayers can bite me.

What is the i-pod exactly. Can you somehow use it in your car? I want to know if anyone won that contest on K-rock, one I was trying to win? If so I guess the prize wasn't given out yet.

I need an i-pod I think. I just wanted to be able to play it without an earphone. Is this possible?

So how much do you think that the new I-Pod would cost? At a $1 per song it would cost:
$10 for Boy (11 if you count Into the Heart)
$11 for October
$10 for War
$ 8 for UABRS
$10 for UF
$4 for Wide Awake
$11 for Joshua Tree
$17 for Rattle & Hum -- $1 for Freedom For my People!!!
$12 for Achtung Baby
$10 for Zooropa
$12 for Pop
$14 for the Best of 1980-1990
$11 for ATYCLB ($12 for the rest of theworld)
$16 for the Best Of 1990-2000
$11 for HTDAAB
-----
The Bill would be an additional $167, pushing the I-Pod in the $470 range. Then again, if they have the royalty charge to 50 cents, then we're talking a more manageable $385.
For me, it would probably be worth it if the physical IPod itself reflected U2ness. If it's a generic with all of the U2 mp3's on it, I can load them myself (I've been a good U2 consumer)

What do you think? How much would you pay for a U2 IPod with some sort of U2 identity and all the studio tracks on it?
How much just for the studio tracks pre-loaded?

they said it will be 30 bucks more than a normal iPod, so in otherwords, U2 is probably giving the songs for about half the price, and Apple is probably cutting some cost from the iPod as well, because its a win for both of them

I don't mean to sound farfetched but wouldn't it be awesome if it also included rare soundboard footage which is not even out there.

This thought came to me as I pondered how great it would be if the U2 camp would put soundboard quality mp3s of the TOTP gig on I-Tunes. I'd buy it!!!!!

c-.

edgeu22 said:
What's the difference between an iPod and a generic mp3 player.. besides iPod being more expensive?

ipod has a hard drive, its not flash memory
ipod mini stores 5 gigs and looks very sexy
regular ipod stores 20 gigs

i'm not sure about the battery life on these things though.. you can also buy headphones made for the ipod which have a remote to control the volume, track, etc

edgeu22 said:
What's the difference between an iPod and a generic mp3 player.. besides iPod being more expensive?

the "cool" factor... :D

Back
Top Bottom