MERGED --> Saints release info + "The Saints Have Arrived!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have the ability to listen to anything right now. I'm curious: what's the Rick Rubin production like on this track? Does it sound different than anything U2 have recorded before?

The production is as crisp as it gets...ive never heard U2 so clean....as far as pure sound goes....and the track is really good!

am22884 said:

I tried that, but couldn't get it working. Thanks anyways.

I couldn't get it to work on Firefox, but it works fine on Explorer.

This sounds awesome! :jawdrop: Loved the boom-chas, loved the whole sound of it, especially the intro and Bono's first lines. I can't tell if this gives us any insight into how the U2/Rubin work will turn out or not...

on a side note from daily news dot com:

Bono, Billie Joe Armstrong and their mates from U2 and Green Day flipped out fans at a Bourbon St. club when they wandered in and started singing with the house band. ...

How different is the studio version compared with the live performance? :confused:

I'm wondering because the live versions is totally spoiled by the cheesy horns sounds, really that crap ! :ohmy:

Also, I think the structure of the song could be much better, because it has some much potential :up:

Numb1075 said:
on a side note from daily news dot com:

Bono, Billie Joe Armstrong and their mates from U2 and Green Day flipped out fans at a Bourbon St. club when they wandered in and started singing with the house band. ...

that would of been so cool to see :drool: :drool:

seems as if the 2 groups are really chummy

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i believe it's bono with a "boom... cha..." and then billie joe with a "hey"

yeah thats wot i thought i heard , nice summary

both bands come out of punk rock and realized that they would have to abandon their punk roots in order to really expand on their music and take off as a band...

I got the live version, but I really need listen to the Rick Rubin production

Is it different from the one that's being passed around?

I'll still buy it to support Music Rising no matter what.

Last edited:
ht t p:// profile.myspace. com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=109284435

you can add and/or download it here. while you're there check Chris Cornell's version of Billie Jean I uploaded. :lol:

Many U2 sites aren't even allowing rips of the live version---neither the Rhapsody one nor tv rips---to be posted anymore. I'm not expecting the studio version to be allowed.....

Utoo said:
Many U2 sites aren't even allowing rips of the live version---neither the Rhapsody one nor tv rips---to be posted anymore. I'm not expecting the studio version to be allowed.....

well, the Studio version is available from JUSTinPUSHPLAY's website! (see the post above yours)

thanks JUSTinPUSHPLAY!!

I can't wait to buy the single!

Good to finally have the studio version. Not sure what I think about Rubin's production yet though. It will take time to form a solid opinion. But my initial responce is toward the positive. Too much reverb though.

Back
Top Bottom