MERGED--> Rare songs availlable individualy in Canada + Unreleased Tracks $0.99 @ iT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacPhysto

The Fly
Rare songs availlable individualy in itune music store in Canada

Itune Canada is finnally available since yesterday and we can buy all the song individually, i bought native song smile and a couple other ones.

Wonder why we can get these individually in Canada but not in the us

Verry nice :wink:

iTMS in Canada/ exclusive unreleased tracks

Sorry if there's a thread for this somewhere else (I did a quick check but might have missed it). The itunes music shop is up and running in Canada this morning and it's possible to purchase/ ownload all the Complete U2 unreleased tracks one by one for 99c.

God bless Canada, love this country :D I wonder if they'll catch it and tell em to change it.

MacPhysto said:
hahahah i did the same post at the exact same time :up:

Ha-ha, I saw that. Well done, quick draw!

I bought the ones I wanted pretty quick, too, in case they change their minds.... Seems a bit silly not to offer them all individually, given the whole point of some of the online music sales were to go head to head with file shaing (oh yeah, and to sell some of those ipods too).

From 'home' in iTMS, somewher in the upper left of the display area, you should be able to select for another country -- if you'er somewhere else and want to see what's available in the Canada store. I doubt it will let you buy anything from anywhere else (since in Canada we weren't able to buy off USA iTMS unless we had a US billing address), but you'll be able to see the full selection.

Everything in the Complete U2 was available for track-by-track purchase.

Maybe Canadians can start selling package-deals with rare U2 tracks plus the flu shot!

Unreleased Tracks $0.99 @ iTunes Canada

Was poking around the new iTunes Canada site and was very surprised to find that ALL of the tracks on The Complete U2 are available individually.

I wonder if this is something Apple is doing to draw people in Canada into the store, or if it's just a mistake.

I already paid full price for the US version, so whatever, but it's interesting.

Dima said:
could i buy those song even if i live in another country? or am i stuck to the Italian store?

No, you can't buy songs from other country's stores.

Oh wait....wait....i'm an idiot. It doesn't make sense to ask how to do something when you just told me I can't. Oops!

chicagopepper said:
Oh wait....wait....i'm an idiot. It doesn't make sense to ask how to do something when you just told me I can't. Oops!

lol you're not an idiot.

Seems like you Canadians now have to download the entire thing for those tracks. You folks were lucky while it lasted...

Holy Joe!

Yes, the Canadian itunes store has been reformed (now you can't purchase the rare/unreleased tracks individually).

I would like to take this moment to thank NEUTRAL for helping me out and convince me in scooping up every single "apple rare" track that I needed for my collection. :up:

Last edited:
Maybe it wasn't a mistake in either country. Maybe they knew diehards would be the ones on the site at midnight when it launched, and those that saw the opportunity could grab those extra tracks.

Back
Top Bottom