MERGED --> Joshua Tree Deluxe: delayed in Australia + Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chocky

Refugee
Joshua Tree Deluxe: delayed in Australia

According to Universal/Warner, there have been manufacturing problems with a number of remastered box sets due for release this week.

The Joshua Tree super deluxe plus box sets from Marvin Gaye, The Cure and Stevie Wonder have all been delayed. Apparently it is a packaging problem affecting "long-boxes".

It is hoped that the stock will ship before the weekend.

Bah. Not that I could find the JT set for a reasonable price, though ...

Holy crap! This is even affecting Canada.

Amazon.ca now has a Dec.11th date.

And now for the really crap news...

umusic.ca (Universal Canada) has the box set and super box set release date for Dec. 18th!!!

WTF! :mad:

Joshua Tree remastered delayed another week on amazon.ca

I'm guessing this hints at implications for all of Canada getting the album in its many forms even later than the original delay of 2 weeks.

The site says the album will come out on December 11th, 2007.

I personally don't mind, though.

Has anyone in Australia/New Zealand been able to find anywhere offering the CD/DVD/book set for anything less than $60? When it finally does become available, I'd rather not pay through the bloody nose for it.

JB Had the best deal going I saw for $65...ish...which is pretty good for a 2 CD + DVD set if you ask me.......and I don't understand why anyone would buy it for ridiculous prices on Ezy DVD...and (in)Sanity even.....

Axver, I was told by JB that their price for the CD/DVD/Book would be $58.95... yes, it's not much less than $60... but it's the best price I have found so far.

I really can't wait to watch the Paris Concert. The image quality of my bootleg copy is terrible...

AchtungGirl219 said:
Axver, I was told by JB that their price for the CD/DVD/Book would be $58.95... yes, it's not much less than $60... but it's the best price I have found so far.

Sweet, thanks! I'm actually willing to pay that, and I would rather own a copy than download it.

"Sweet, thanks! I'm actually willing to pay that, and I would rather own a copy than download" - Axver

Yay! You're welcome, I'm glad you've decided to get it.

I downloaded it ages ago and am so glad that I'm actually finally going to have a legit copy of watchable quality. ;)

The JB I spoke to today said their supplier had told them "early this week"... but it seems that won't be happening now :(

I shouldn't complain, until the weekend I thought we'd have to wait till the 10th anyway. :shrug:

Geez, the one time I get all excited about a U2 release... :banghead: :sigh: This is what I get for having expectations.

:wink:

AchtungGirl219 said:
Hey Down Under :wave:

The JB I inquired at quoted $58.95... :) Definitely worth the drive and the disorganisation. ;)

Thanks AchtungGirl219

JB is just a 15 minute walk but in a suit and with the current Sydney city heat, I like to try and keep cool. I will call them tomorrow and see when they are getting it.

Damn what a prices. Here in Holland I bought it for 43 euro (online shopping)...which is incl. taxes.

Dragonfave said:
Hmm. "Future Shop" and "Best Buy" Canada website still list the release date as Dec. 4th ..... :eyebrow:

Remember, there are 3 versions. The Standard release (w/o b-sides) is still on for tomorrow.

Axver said:

Sweet, thanks! I'm actually willing to pay that, and I would rather own a copy than download it.

Finding out that you, of all people, might not own an original hard copy of One Tree Hill remastered - insanity!

:wink:

Re: Joshua Tree Deluxe: delayed in Australia

chocky said:
According to Universal/Warner, there have been manufacturing problems with a number of remastered box sets due for release this week.

The Joshua Tree super deluxe plus box sets from Marvin Gaye, The Cure and Stevie Wonder have all been delayed. Apparently it is a packaging problem affecting "long-boxes".

It is hoped that the stock will ship before the weekend.
I'm glad they're fixing it, and not making us go through the effort of returning defective boxes and then waiting for a recall.

Wait, I'm assuming all the sets for North America were made in the same factory, so does that mean Americans have a known proportion of defective copies or what? The initial decision to delay things 2 weeks in Canada boggles the mind. Wouldn't it affect billboard sales listings?

Last edited:
Dragonfave said:
Hmm. "Future Shop" and "Best Buy" Canada website still list the release date as Dec. 4th ..... :eyebrow:
I hate those companies! Their employees are so sleazy and fake and pretend to be your best buddy until you buy said item or have a problem with the item and then pretend they don't know you or give you terrible customer care. I'd imagine their awful customer service extends toward the website. Bastards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom