MERGED --> Joshua Tree Deluxe: delayed in Australia + Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muldfeld said:

I hate those companies! Their employees are so sleazy and fake and pretend to be your best buddy until you buy said item or have a problem with the item and then pretend they don't know you or give you terrible customer care. I'd imagine their awful customer service extends toward the website. Bastards.

Future Shop is my least favourite shop in the world. :mad: I bought a new printer there and the box didn't say which ink cartridges it needed. I wanted to buy some spares when I bought the printer to save me the hassle of going out to buy more at a later date. I asked one of the employees which ones to buy, and he confidently directed me to a specific aisle and showed me exactly which ones I'd need. I figured he knew what he was doing, so I threw away my receipt when I got home and didn't even bother to look at the spare cartridges for a couple of months....so when the ink cartridges that came with the printer eventually ran out, I realised that the spares the employee had told me to buy WERE THE WRONG KIND. Went up to Future Shop, explained the situation, showed them that I hadn't opened the cartridge boxes, and they refused to refund me. Bastards. I glared at them, claimed I'd never shop there again, and went to Staples.

So yeah, anyway, JT delayed...

Roland of Gilead said:

Remember, there are 3 versions. The Standard release (w/o b-sides) is still on for tomorrow.

Well, I decided to buy the 2CDs Deluxe edition. But, damn, I have to wait another 2 weeks for this? :|

Still no Super Deluxe at JB Hifi in Sydney. They received the 2 disk set yesterday (and the single disk last Friday).

Red Eye will have European and US import versions in stock this week for anyone desperate enough to pay their prices.

It's ridiculous. I leave the country in three bloody days, and they had to go and delay the release... Looks like I might have to buy it in Asia and not here :S

Went to JB yesterday and they already have the remastered JT in - and can I say, the album artwork actually looks good this time!

chocky said:
Still no Super Deluxe at JB Hifi in Sydney. They received the 2 disk set yesterday (and the single disk last Friday).

Red Eye will have European and US import versions in stock this week for anyone desperate enough to pay their prices.

Yep I got the same message from JB today too.
Love Red Eye, but I can wait (I hope).

Just spoke with Universal Australia. They told me Super Deluxe edition is now in Australia and being shipped out to stores today. Should be on the shelves tomorrow or Friday depending on where you are going.

yay!

Yay!!! Thanks so much for that info, bono_man! I was just about to go order it from amazon as I was told by a confused worker at Sanity today that it had been deleted by the supplier and would not be available in Australia!! Thanks so much for correcting this information!! :D

Can't wait to finally have this!! I have been hanging out to hear the remastered Exit! :drool: And RTTS!! :drool: :drool:

I didn't realize it was being delayed even longer! :ohmy: I was in the States last week, so I was able to buy a few copies for myself and a few friends.

For any Canadians, it might be worthwhile to check out Barnes & Noble. Their cost is pretty decent, and even with the shipping charge it might not be that bad, if you're desperate to get it. :shrug:

So the deluxe version is not in Canada yet?

Damn....glad I didnt go out in the -20 cold to go get it yesterday....

bono_man said:
Just spoke with Universal Australia. They told me Super Deluxe edition is now in Australia and being shipped out to stores today. Should be on the shelves tomorrow or Friday depending on where you are going.

yay!

YES! Thanks for that, I'll go look for it later tonight...

Why does it have to be so hard!

I have trooped around Penrith all day looking JB were bloody hopeless

The other cd shop said that the recored company they buy their cd's from have sold out

it is beyond ridiculous!

My JB told me they have ONE copy. Unfortunately, they cant find the invoice for it so they cant sell it!!!

Fucking ridiculous!! I will call back Universal today if they dont have any and ask what were the stores they were "sending them out to as we speak" she was referring to a couple of days ago!!

:uhoh: Sanity has removed the super deluxe from their website and Big W has also removed the $70 Australian super deluxe version and now only has the Japanese import version (whatever that is) :crazy:

The girl at Sanity yesterday said it would be in 'soon'. When exactly is 'soon'? :crazy:

Hi Earnie,

My locals are Kedron, Chermside and Strathpine.

I just rang Universal here in Brisbane and they told me Chermie are getting some today. Kedron apparently had them on the 4th!!

If anyone in Melbourne finds a store that's actually stocking it, I'd love to know. Especially if it's one in or near the CBD.

Thanks heaps mate. I just rang Chermside and they have just put them out.

Oh baby!!

Back
Top Bottom