MERGED--->I'm seeing U2's Slane Concert + U2 Live at Slane Castle + IMAX in Toronto!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladywithspinninghead

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I'm seeing U2's Slane Concert at FamousPlayers cinema on November 4th!!

My local radio station (106.9 The Bear in Ottawa) was giving away some tickets to go see this performance...The dj had no idea if this was a commercial release, a one-off, a special presentation by the radio or what...

Anyhow, needless to say, when I told him that not only did I attend that concert but I was practically front row, he gave me a couple tix!

I'll let you all know how it goes!!! :)

- julie

we'll go too

julie,

did you just call the bear? im in ottawa and would love to go.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :ohmy:
I may have been at both Slanes but I am DYING WITH ENVY!
Where did this come from?! Try and find out more, like if it is gonna be released on DVD or what please:)
Oh, and is it Slane2?

Hey Kobayashi,

I didn't call the Bear...I emailed the dj last night and stated my case for tickets...You can call them at 754-1069 (or is it 750-1069) .
The dj this morning may have more details regarding that!

Lazyboy,

Unfortunately I don't have any more details than that...
The dj I emailed in the evening wasn't even the one who had been giving tickets out earlier in the day - as a result, he was absolutely clueless!!!
I hope it is Slane 2 because I wasn't at Slane 1!!

You can check out their website www.thebear.net

There are no details up yet but they may post some info in the coming days...and you can always email them (or the dj's!) to find out more! Like I said, hopefully, they'll have more info than the dj I spoke to last night!

Last edited:
thank you so much:D

there is no way this would be exclusive to ottawa though folks.

Cool, enjoy yerself anyway! And best of luck Kobayashi, and not an exclusive?! Heck Ottawa did better than the rest of the world, best we've got in Ireland is a 1 minute clip of the start of Slane1!!!
Lady, do yerbest to find out HOW and WHERE this radio station got this! Hope this is a sign that the reported DVD release of Slane2 in December is still going ahead!!!

Kobayashi,

Did you listen to the radio? They gave a pair away last hour...People just have to answer simple questions like "Name 2 players of the band who aren't Bono and Edge" and "Did U2 play Ottawa before?"...

Or better yet, if you email the dj currently on and beg and plead like I did, you may score some that way too!

p.s.: Why does it say I'm at 500+ posts when I'm definitely over 1500???

Last edited:
U2 live at Slane Castle

TV is strange (at least in Iceland), they still haven?t broadcasted the Oprah show with Bono, but now we?ll get U2 live at Slane Castle next Friday.

But what?s the story about this show. Did they tape the first or the second show?? I was at the first one, but I didn?t see any cameras.

Who has seen this???

they gonna show this on telly next Friday. So I guess I?ll be able to tell you more about this by then.

Anyway, I?m gonna tape it and I can make some copies for you guys (PAL only - sorry America)

I just checked the website for edge102 in Toronto. They are screening U2 at Slane Castle on november 4th as well. Just for anyone in Toronto who might be interested. Let's hope I win tix!!

Peace.

P.S. It's on the Inside Edge contest page. you might have to sign up to be a member.

They do all that work to tape Slane.......yet they won't release it on DVD........

BTW, isn't CBS going to show the Slane show or something like that?

woo hooooooo julie!
thats awesome.
im jealous!!!!!
please report back as soon as u can missy!!!

Attention to Toronto U2 fans! Slane Castle to be shown in IMAX!!!

Good morning to you all in Toronto!

I have very good news......I saw the article below at @u2.com and IM ABSOLUTELY GREEN with ENVY at you guys having the chance to see it on a big screen! Its going to be awesome to watch!

SLANE CASTLE IN TORONTO: Toronto radio station 102.1 The Edge is advertising a "private screening" of U2 Live at Slane Castle, which is happening November 4th at the Paramount Imax Theatre. An @U2 reader called the theatre to confirm the screening and was told it's scheduled for 11:30 p.m. The radio station is also having a contest which includes a chance to win free tickets to the screening, free CDs, t-shirts, and more. Meanwhile, an @U2 source who works for a CBS-TV affiliate in the U.S. is unable to confirm the date of the U2 at Slane TV special.

Hmm, you will have to let us all know what you think once you have seen it!

dougal

Hi Amanda!

Long time no talk!

Anyhow, I shall get back to you right after the show!
And if it's the first Slane show they show, I'll be looking out for you...and your flag??? ;)

I've entered the contest. I hope I win!!!! Yeah, every now and then, edge 102.1 comes up with some cool contest. Also, they just held the top 300 songs of the '90's and number 1 was of course Teen Spirit by Nirvana but number two was ONE and number 9 was mysterious ways. Not bad!!!

mike in toronto
Go LEafS GO!!

Calgary had a contest like this when the Elevation DVD came out. There was a contest to see the DVD at the IMAX. CJAY 92 had the concert. I really wanted to go, but I didn't win. :sad:

wait wait wait, slow down!!!

They are showing Slane in IMAX format? Or they are simply playing it in the IMAX theater (which would also be super cool...)

Either way you Canadians better go and give us a great review dammit!!!!!!!!

lady lemonade said:
I saw the Boston DVD on an IMAX screen, awesome experience, no 3D effects though, just a really big Bono...

i know this is off topic, lady lemonade,... but were you at popmart seattle? based on what you have in your Signature, i thought you might have been there! I was there in the nosebleeds, my first u2 gig.

I just got tickets to see the Slane show on IMAX in Montreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! Naya, Melpop, and all of you other Montrealers out there, listen to 98.5 FM, they're giving out tickets. The question was where does the name U2 come from?:rolleyes:

jesseu2 said:

i know this is off topic, lady lemonade,... but were you at popmart seattle? based on what you have in your Signature, i thought you might have been there! I was there in the nosebleeds, my first u2 gig.

Hehe, I wish...I just got the quote off the internet, some news website.

ouizy said:
They are showing Slane in IMAX format? Or they are simply playing it in the IMAX theater (which would also be super cool...)

It's not IMAX format unfortunately, but still....BIG BIG (ELEVATED) BONO!!!!!!!!!!! :bono:

I'll be at the Toronto screening with my U2_GTA posse on November 4th :dance: :D :laugh: :heart: :happy: :wave: :tongue:

:bow: to a certain someone, you know who you are :sexywink:

u2 Slane @ IMAX Toronto

For any Toronto area Interferencers:

I *may* have a way for you to see this show.

Email me privately if interested at the email address BELOW, do NOT reply to this thread as I will not be checking it:

z00_2@hotmail.com

LMAO @ AliEnvy...'whose your daddy...tell me whose ya daddy!!' LOL

Back
Top Bottom