Madame Tussauds NY Unveils Bono!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Caption:
NEW YORK - MARCH 16: Madame Tussauds New York unveils a wax figure of famed U2 frontman Bono on March 16, 2006 in New York City.

57106666.jpg

57106665.jpg

57106662.jpg

57106661.jpg

Wow, is it wierd to think an inanimate object's hot? :p that's so life-like! Although those sunglasses look excessively huge for some reason, maybe it's because that is a rather lean version of Bono ;)

That's real cool, I want one.

Looks good - 'cept maybe the eyes should look a bit more 'cheeky' as they look vacant in those pics.

One of the best waxwork models though, because most are really, really crappy and don't resemble the person.

It was said over on the LJ community that he looks like David Duchovny... and I have to agree!

They didn't get the sunglasses right. :tsk:

Creepy is right! Not enough scruff and wrinkles. The glasses are just wrong! :|

Lila64 said:
shoes don't look right :lmao:

When I go to see it which I will.........I will tell them about the shoes and the eyeglasses, and I hope those eyes are blue under those glasses. Isn't that an old pose though, they should have used a better one, no?:giggle:

I went to that museum in September of 2002 and they had a Bono statue already. I have my picture taken w/ it.

Why did they need a new one?

youtwohearts said:

Ohhhhhh post that picture....

First I'll need to find it
then I'll have to purchase a scanner
and then I'll post it.

stay tuned. ; - )

the pic I have of him is basically "The Fly"

youtwohearts said:
Looks like a mix between the fly Bono and today Bono.

:yes: I think that's what throws you a little bit off---it's not quite Bono from either era & more of a mix of the two. Definitely ZooTV outfit, pose, & hair...with a mix between Vertigo & Fly shades....and a face that's his current look aged back a decade, but not quite The Fly... :shrug:

All in all, though, :bonodrum:

JCOSTER said:
No one bracelet or rosary around his neck....I will start my list now...:huh:

I think it's Fly Bono though. The necklace, hair, lack of facial hair, and clothes are right for the Fly era, but why those shades? They should've just used his Fly shades :huh: They'd never get the face totally right so I think it's close enough, but what were they thinking when they got those shades?!?!

thats horrid... i dont get that if they're going to the effort of building a new one, why they didn't update it and not give us a Bono thats almost 15 years outdated :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom