Love comes tumbling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, whoever reports back the best use of the word 'ethereal' in a sentence this week wins a date with Bono.

I'm taking him to the zoo. No, not the Zoo. The zoo.

Description: Up we go, down we go

Key word: Edge

Kind of a Fleetwood Mac vibe in here.

I remember listening to Wide Awake In America over and over when I first got it. Only four songs, but they're all brilliant.

I remember first hearing it a few years when I got my Best of 80-90 double (oddly being sold at a market with just the B-sides disc!) absolutely brilliant. I think it's my 6th favourite (joint with The Three Sunrises) there's something about the vocals, bass and general speed of it that bowl me over. Not to mention the guitar...and the LYRICS...I could go on....!

God this thread is great. i havent heard this song in like a year but its so awesome. went back and heard it over and over tonight.

love edge's guitar work in it, so minimal and terrific.

This is a beautiful song. I can never decide if I like the lyrics or the music itself better. They work perfectly together.

Funnily enough, this is one of the songs that doesn't always register on my UF fanlad radar. Sure, it's a good song, but I certainly do not think it is the equal of songs such as The Three Sunrises or Promenade or Bass Trap.

I also don't really associate the word 'ethereal' with it, definitely not as much as I associate it with tracks 4-7 of the UF album or with Bass Trap.

It should've been on The Unforgettable Fire along w/ The Three Sunrises, IMO.

atleast over filler like 4th of July and the temperamental Elvis Presley and America

(I say temperamental because it's hard to listen to that song when you aren't zoned out and actually understand what Bono says)

A friend of mine that had just bought the 80's Best Of told me "I like the B-Sides but there were a few songs that made me wonder, what were they thinking?" I said "did you like Love Comes Tumbling?" she replied "that was one of the songs that made me think WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?"

Back
Top Bottom