Lemon--ZooTV live from Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amerrydeath

War Child
First of all: :combust: Incredible.

I wanted to know what the rationale for dropping it was. It sounds unbelievable live, it doesn't look like any of the band members are bored, and the crowd doesn't look unenthused.

:(

At least we have it on official release. :drool: :drool: :drool:

ETA: I just looked and apparently they didn't drop it, they just added it onto the last ten or so shows. Did it really take that long to figure out how to play? In that case, this can just be a non-intellectual appreciation thread :drool:

Last edited:
Old Age=Raspy Croaky Bono

With basically means, he most likely can't do it anymore. :(

I'd love to see it rise from the ashes, but I doubt it.

Or do you mean in just the Zoo TV tour? :hmm:
If so, then forget my post. :wink:

Just on the ZooTV tour, off the top of my head I'm pretty sure it was only played a few times :wink:

On a slightly unrelated note, I was listening to some Elevation boots today and realised Bono sounds like crap compared to now.

Lemon sounds great, but I don't think he could do it now....unless they reworked it into a lower key, which could be cool. "Bitter Lemon"

amerrydeath said:
ETA: I just looked and apparently they didn't drop it, they just added it onto the last ten or so shows. Did it really take that long to figure out how to play? In that case, this can just be a non-intellectual appreciation thread :drool:

Well, keep in mind that Zooropa wasn't released until almost a month into the fourth leg of ZooTV. It began on 10 May 1993 and I believe Zooropa's release date was early June. Zooropa songs were then slowly added live during shows over the next two months of the leg - Numb and Stay successfully, Babyface and Zooropa less so. In the three months between the 4th and 5th legs, U2 clearly worked on the Zooropa stuff to adapt it live - and Lemon certainly needed work as it's quite heavy on the studio wizardry.

I'm sure it would've been done more than ten times if the fifth leg had been longer.

Re: Re: Lemon--ZooTV live from Sydney

Axver said:

Well, keep in mind that Zooropa wasn't released until almost a month into the fourth leg of ZooTV. It began on 10 May 1993 and I believe Zooropa's release date was early June. Zooropa songs were then slowly added live during shows over the next two months of the leg - Numb and Stay successfully, Babyface and Zooropa less so. In the three months between the 4th and 5th legs, U2 clearly worked on the Zooropa stuff to adapt it live - and Lemon certainly needed work as it's quite heavy on the studio wizardry.

I'm sure it would've been done more than ten times if the fifth leg had been longer.

Absolutely right, Once they'd got it right, it was the perfect song for macphisto, and I'm certain it would have stayed.

Of course, they couldn't repeat the same macphisto performance during the pop tour, which is presumably why they just played the perfecto remix as the lemon rolled out.

I think Lemon might seem a bit dated to today's audience...which is a shame since it ROCKS! (in an unrocky way). It is also my mother's favourite U2 song :)

Back
Top Bottom