Lemon Appreciation Society!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickadee

New Yorker
Had to be done!

Lemon is love.

Why?

Because of the falsetto.

Because of the video.

Because of the piano.

Because of Edge's vocal.

Because 'man holding microphone out to companion' makes me laugh every single time.

Because it's a brilliant song!

:D

I remember the first time I heard Lemon... my best friend had given me the cassette (yes, I'm aging myself, LOL) & as with all new U2 music, I was sitting in the car devouring it because I was too impatient to get home to my stereo there. :hyper: :D

Mr. Blu happened to be with me, and when the whole "She wore lehhhhh-mone" bit started, with both looked at each other & said WTF?!?!? :confused: Same reaction with the video... but then the goofiness of the whole thing won me over. :yes: :up:

Lemon falsetto/goofy video = :heart:

Last edited:
There was like a 20 page thread on Lemon awhile back :drool:

Gotta love Lemon!! I used to think it was overrated but I've fallen in love with the song as of late :heart:

Plus, it teaches us an important life lession: midnight is where the day begins.

Man extending raised thumb to thread.

My second favourite U2 song behind Zooropa. One of the few songs worthy of the word 'Masterpiece'...it just has so much in there and the instrumentation is absolutely sublime.

chickadee said:
I've never had them!

Oh they're awesome! They're among the new fruity flavors Sandies has got out.

Of course, I may have been biased just a tad when they caught my attention for the first time. ;)

Le..mawnn!

VertigoGal said:
When I grow up I'm going to have a giant portrait of a Joshua Tree that grows Lemons.

Hey, thanks for the painting idea, that'll be my first assignment in art this year! :wink:

I thought you were gonna say that when you grew up you wanted to be a lemon. Which isn't a bad ambition, though it may be difficult to achieve. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!

AtomicBono said:

I thought you were gonna say that when you grew up you wanted to be a lemon. Which isn't a bad ambition, though it may be difficult to achieve. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!

:lmao:

:hmm: Joshua tree that grows lemons, huh? Great idea, VG!

In my top three U2 songs with Streets and Bad. Brilliant song. There are no words to describe it's beauty.

Oh wait. There is one.

LEEMMMAAWWWWNNNNN:drool: :drool:

I think the proof that this song is brilliant (if you like, don't have ears and can't tell already or something) is that MacPhisto is in the video :drool:

I'm just wondering, how many people here honestly wish Bono would bring back MacPhisto? I personally think it would be great if he brought back all those ZooTV characters, but then again people complain when U2 repeat themselves (which they never really, though some people think otherwise).

A cool encore for the third leg could have MacPhisto and be:

Discotheque
Lemon
Ultraviolet

or something like that

You know what a cool encore would be...

UV
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness
:drool:

Or how about...

Discotheque