In A Little While is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
...the best U2 song of this decade so far. No, I'm serious. It is criminally underrated by some here. It's better than Beautiful Day. It's better than Walk On. It's better than Kite. It's better than Vertigo. It's better than City Of Blinding Lights. It's better than Sometimes. It is a simple yet gorgeous song with a deceptively catchy guitar hook and simple yet quite poetic lyrics. Could have been one of those inescapable 'summer hits' if it had been released as a single before/after Elevation.

A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship into the sky
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
He follows in the trail, the scatter of light
Turn it on, turn it on, your turn me on

I don't dislike the song but I disagree that it's the best song of this decade so far. I prefer the social commentary of Walk On, Miracle Drug & Crumbs.

It's a cool and underrated song but Walk On is the best from the 00's. IMO there are many better songs like BD, Kite, WILATW, CFYT, COBL, Yahweh...

Great song, but not the best top 10 of the decade easily love the

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship into the sky
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
He follows in the trail, the scatter of light
Turn it on, turn it on, your turn me on"

My favourite part, you are spot on with that section, the song is great.

...a piece of trash. I could fart into a microphone and make a better song.

In A Little While is ATYCLB's dingleberry.

It's small and cute, but it's still a piece of shit.

i don't know how people can say it's a piece of shit? whenever i listen to it, i always listen to it a few more times after that. i love how bono sings it... that's probably the main reason. but people don't have to agree. i think it's the best song on that album, without a doubt.

ok well i will say though, that kite is just as good. that would have to be my other favourite one on the album. i don't know if i'll go as far as to say that they're the best U2 songs of all time.... but i always have one song i listen to over and over again. so if you asked next week i would tell you something different.

I didn't like the song all that much to start with, b/c I didn't know who he was singing it to. When I figured out the "I've known you since you were a little girl with Spanish eyes/ I saw her, in a pram the pushed her by" line, then I started liking it more. I don't know if he's talking about Jordan or Eve there, but either is fine by me. Both are lovely girls, and I can totally appreciate Bono wanting to write about his family for a change.

I wondered about that, too. You've got the line about the pram, but then there's the whole "in a little while, surely you'll be mine," which makes me think it's a more standard love song. If he's singing about a daughter, then isn't she already his?

And if it's a romantic kind of song, and he's known her since she was a baby, then he's way too old for her, and ew. :lol:

Or, okay, he saw her as a little child himself, and they're not that far apart in age. :wink:

this is a beautiful song full of raw emotion.
the vocal is one of my favorites just because it is so unpolished.
bono said on on a few occasions this song is about a hangover, which is classic bono, because this song is clearly abouta lot more than just a hangover.

2Hearts said:
I didn't like the song all that much to start with, b/c I didn't know who he was singing it to. When I figured out the "I've known you since you were a little girl with Spanish eyes/ I saw her, in a pram the pushed her by" line, then I started liking it more. I don't know if he's talking about Jordan or Eve there, but either is fine by me. Both are lovely girls, and I can totally appreciate Bono wanting to write about his family for a change.

He's singing about Ali, clearly. She's the girl with the Spanish eyes, as always. He's making a joke about how long he's known her, which is since she was in a pram, ha ha ha! (Actually, he's not far off, since she was 12 when he met her.) He makes the same kind of jokey reference in Wild Honey: "Did I know you even then, before the clocks kept time, before the world was made?"

It's a beautiful song, in my opinion.

I really do like it - it's a beautiful song. When they played it live on the 'Elevation' tour in L.A., it was one week or so after Joey Ramone had passed away, hence it was dedicated. Took on a new meaning that that was the last song Joey wanted to hear in the lifetime here on earth. :sad: And I had GAs and Bono & Edge sang it at the tip, and at the time, it was the closest I had ever been at a U2 concert. And Bono pretending to push the pram. :love:

Slow down my beating heart. Slowly, slowly love...
(Just had to pop it into the CD player as well, couldn't resist!)

Last edited:
jonnytakeawalk said:
Definately the best song off ATYCLB,

I never really understood how it's about a hangover though:shrug:

I think that was the first, before Johhny Ramone died, interpretation. Bono recorded the vocal after a night out in the bar...

In a Little While is mediocre.
City of Blinding Lights, Sometimes, Walk On, Kite, Vertigo & Beautiful Day are much, much better.

Well I've got a hangover right now and I'm listening to the song and it has nothing to do with how I'm feeling.

Back
Top Bottom