I found October on vinyl...now how to I get this damn sticker off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
So I found October on vinyl..but it's got a Loaned for Promotion sticker on it that I need to get off...anyone know how to do that without messing up the slipcover??? Help!!

------------------
"It's all about drums."

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Steam? Over a kettle like? Either that or get scraping
biggrin.gif

Use a razorblade...carfully to scrape it off. Then use windex or wd40 to get the residue off.

Just let it on, i guess it is a very old sticker. So the glue is ehh,.. hard And it will leave some traces.

Tip for removing new stickers : you take a lighter and warm up the sticker. Then you can pull off the sticker and the glue will go with it ( be carefull )

Originally posted by Rono:
Just let it on, i guess it is a very old sticker. So the glue is ehh,.. hard And it will leave some traces.

Tip for removing new stickers : you take a lighter and warm up the sticker. Then you can pull off the sticker and the glue will go with it ( be carefull )

It's already partly off and not very neatly I might add....any suggestions now?

Originally posted by Sicy:
Use a razorblade...carfully to scrape it off. Then use windex or wd40 to get the residue off.

Would that work with an electric razor too???

Sorry Clarity, I don?t know either.

I don't know if this would be OK to use-but there's this stuff called 'Goo Gone'-yes, that IS the name of it-that you can use to take stickers off of picture frames, etc.

I've never used it on cardboard though-I'd be afraid it might take the color off. I have used it to get stains off of carpeting, though-and it didn't take the color off.

You can get it at a hardware store-I think office supply stores have it too. If you try it, test a small area on the back corner first to see if it takes the print/color off.

Woohoo! Thanks!! I'm going out tomorrow (yes in the mad Christmas rush :eek
smile.gif
to get it...I can't leave my precious October all icky looking like it is!
biggrin.gif

I would recommend a product called Un-du adhesive remover. I have used this to remove stickers and photos from a scrapbook without any damage. You can find it at craft stores like Michaels or maybe even somewhere like Walmart. Hope this helps, good luck!

I got some Un-Du and that sticker came off in no time flat...it's like it was never on there now. *sounds like a commercial* lol Thanks!!

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
I was kinda suprised to find it...is it pretty hard to find?

That's actually the only U2 album I have on vinyl. I got it somewhere for a buck or two. But I don't really collect vinyl. I don't think it's INCREDIBLY hard to find.

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
That's actually the only U2 album I have on vinyl. I got it somewhere for a buck or two. But I don't really collect vinyl. I don't think it's INCREDIBLY hard to find.

This one looks like it's been in it's lil plastic sleeve for 20 years...lol (poor thing!). I can't find a mark on it.

Back
Top Bottom