God Part II is one of the most incredible songs U2 have ever recorded.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Have you played this song lately? Especially a live version? Because if you haven't, go do it. Now.

Every single member of the band is in stellar form on this song. Great bass, powerful drums, passionate lyrics and vocals, and incredible guitar.

"I, I believe in ... The Edge!"

:rockon:

Aardvark747 said:
Great song.....but will this thread be any match for the 2 past Heartland ones Axver?:wink:

I don't think anything's going to beat the Heartland threads.

If Achtung couldn't do it, nothing known to this forum will.

great song indeed!!! without GOD part II Achtung Baby NEVER would had become that great record that it is. GOD part II is the missing link or call it the transition song from U2s past to the 90s. l love GOD part II

I :heart: God Part II. Larry's drumming is hypnotic. The bass line puts me in a trance. Edge's guitar, as always, shines. And the vocal is outstanding.

Larry's drumming is exactly what inspired me to make this thread. I was just innocently browsing Interference when suddenly that drumming got inside my head, caused me to play the song a second time, and drove me to express just how I felt about this sensational piece of work!

jacobus said:
great song indeed!!! without GOD part II Achtung Baby NEVER would had become that great record that it is. GOD part II is the missing link or call it the transition song from U2s past to the 90s. l love GOD part II

God Part II and Acrobat belong together.

God Part II is in my top ten U2 songs.

Bono's vocals in the song, simply outstanding, especially live.

edited to say: Bono's vocals were just as good in Hawkmoon live. U2 were really on fire in those two songs.

Last edited:
Axver said:
Larry's drumming is exactly what inspired me to make this thread. I was just innocently browsing Interference when suddenly that drumming got inside my head, caused me to play the song a second time, and drove me to express just how I felt about this sensational piece of work!

God Part II is my second favorite song to air drum along with (behind Acrobat, of course.) Larry rules this song. :rockon:

Great song,

The remix gets a bit mind numbing if you listen to it too much though.

It's just so Rock'n'Roll

:love:

It always reminds me that they don't take themselves too seriously either :up:

*listens to Point Depot version*

Last edited:
Edge is great on it, the blues at the end of it, perfecto to the max live:wink:

Thats makes sense I think:|

I read somewhere that Yoko Ono thanked Bono for doing one of John Lennon's songs & he didn't have the heart to correct her. :eyebrow:

"I don't believe in the 60's or the golden age of pop; you glorify the past and the future dries up."

this on an album whose main inspiration was the music of america and that era (beatles, dylan, hendrix, blues).

other than that, great song.

"Don't believe in forced entry. Don't believe in rape. But everytime she passes by, wild thoughts escape."

Awesome. I mean, the lyric, of course.

Windmilllane said:
"Don't believe in forced entry. Don't believe in rape. But everytime she passes by, wild thoughts escape."

Awesome. I mean, the lyric, of course.

There are a lot of those in that song, And I completely agree that God Part II was the transition song,

The heavy metal mix was my favorite especially with Bono Screaming GET BUSY!!! as Larry's drumming comes crashing into it

Dont believe the devil, dont believe his book, truth is not the same without the lies he made up.[/B]

Dont believe in Cocaine, Got a speed ball in my head[/B]

Amazing song. I thought it was so cool at the time that U2 had the Balls to make a sequel of sorts of one of Lennons best tunes. Not many people could pull that off

It's a mediocre precursor to "The Fly"........nothing to get excited about, folks......please step away from this thread.

BigMacPhisto said:
It's a mediocre precursor to "The Fly"........nothing to get excited about, folks......please step away from this thread.

:eyebrow: :shame:

Of course The Fly is better but this song also deserves a lot of appreciation...

Don't believe in cocaine
Got a speedball in my head
I could cut and crack you open
Did you hear what I said?
Don't believe them when they tell me
There ain't no cure.
The rich stay healthy
The sick stay poor.
I, I believe in love.

Don't believe in Goldman
His type like a curse
Instant karma's gonna get him